COMPLAINT TO SONY CUSTOMER RELATIONS UK

TO: SONY CUSTOMER RELATIONS UK

Date: 1st October 2013

Case ID: 9210820

Repair ref: 1270029

Model name: SVF14A1C5E

Model no.: SVF14AA1QM

Serial number: Available on request

My laptop was configured and ordered via Sony Online on 24th August 2013. It was delivered to me on the 3rd September 2013. On the 18th September 2013, it developed a fault (unable to power up nor boot) and the problem was reported to Sony Customer Support straight away, who arranged a courier to pick it up. It was picked up by the courier on 20th September 2013. The laptop was received by Sony Repair Centre on 23th September 2013, and I have been ringing up Sony Customer Support for repair updates. Finally, I was informed today (i.e. 1st October 2013) that there is a problem with the motherboard, and that a new motherboard needed to be ordered in from their supplier. However, the estimated time of arrival for the part is the 20th December 2013 which is almost 3 months away. This is clearly UNACCEPTABLE, for what is a new computer which is less than 3 weeks old. I paid good money for the laptop, and in good faith I expect the laptop to be either repaired or replaced with a NEW computer, within a reasonable time frame.

I would be grateful if you (i.e. moderator, or any representative from Sony Customer Service UK) could escalate this to Sony Customer Relations, and I await their response. I am a member of several internet user forums, and I will be publishing the outcome of my experience, which thus far has not been very satisfactory. Surely anyone who is reasonable will see that the above situation is totally unacceptable for a consumer to go through?

Thank you and I look forward to a favourable response from yourself.

Kind regards,

reservoir51

Who Me Too'd this topic