Who Me Too'd this solution

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi Payam,

One option is to contact support and purchase a set of recovery media (cost approx. £50 for an EU model). Recovering your Vaio using these disks will reinstate the recovery partition. As this appears to be a USA/Canadian model you will need to contact support in the relevant country to order the recovery media. Bear in mind that using Recovery Media either purchased from Sony or created by yourself will return the computer to as delivered – i.e. all personal date will be lost unless you have made a separate backup.

Another option is to create an image of the system using a utility such as Acronis True Image and restore from this if and when necessary – this will return the computer to the state of when the image was created including all personal date.

If your operating system is Windows 7 then the Windows Backup Utility will create a system image on first use.

You will of course need an external drive with a good size free on which to create the image with both Acronis True Image and Windows Backup.

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat

View solution in original post

Who Me Too'd this solution