Join now - be part of our community!

Apps killed in background

SOLVED
akosiJD
Visitor

Apps killed in background

I've noticed from Lollipop to Marshmallow that apps seems to shut down when they are in the background. e.g., playing Star Wars GoH on Lollipop would not shut the app down when I go to another app (it does when numerous apps are open). But now, in Marshmallow just opening the browser or receiving a call from FB Messenger causes the SWGoH to restart from the background. I've never changed the standard limit in dev options. Did Sony reduce the resources used in background apps to speed up the device? Thanks for your answers.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

@akosiJD

It's not about the number of apps, it's about how much RAM they use, I can have multiple games open and I can switch from one to another w/o them reseting, but other times they do reset, sometimes I have other background apps/services running so Android has to free up RAM by closing some apps/games.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

@akosiJD

That's not Sony but Android, that's how it, Android, free up RAM. 

akosiJD
Visitor

Thanks for the reply @uliwooly

But will increasing the limit to 3 apps make any difference?

profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

@akosiJD

It's not about the number of apps, it's about how much RAM they use, I can have multiple games open and I can switch from one to another w/o them reseting, but other times they do reset, sometimes I have other background apps/services running so Android has to free up RAM by closing some apps/games.

akosiJD
Visitor

Thanks. I finally understand it. OS automatically kills apps to free RAM to avoid software issues.