Join now - be part of our community!

Apps Locked in Portrait Orientation Problem

profile.country.en_GB.title
staz1000
Visitor

Apps Locked in Portrait Orientation Problem

I think I have discovered a design flaw in the Tablet S. I installed 'Where's My Water?' last week and found that the app has the orientation locked into portrait as many apps do. The problem is the app locked in portrait with the thin side of the tablet to the left. As a right handed person this meant that it became uncomfortable to hold after a fairly short period.

I have emailed Sony Support and their response was that the problem is caused by the app and not the tablet. Having done some development work on Android I know that the app can force an orientation within the manifest file but the developer can only select portrait or landscape, and not WHICH portrait or landscape.

This means that the problem lays with Sony. As they developed a tablet which has such a design they should allow the tablet to work in either portrait mode for use in either hand. This makes total sense to me.

I have put those points back to Sony Support but they have simply repeated their points and said the the fault lies with the developer. I have previously installed one of my own apps on the tablet I can confirm that setting the rotation to portrait works in the same way as with Where's My Water.

Not acceptable IMHO. And not an acceptable response from Sony. Any ideas anyone?
Tags (3)
10 REPLIES 10
profile.country.en_GB.title
staz1000
Visitor

Is no one going to even give me an answer as to why this question has been marked answered?

Padster, Sony have released a product with a clear flaw. They've then tried to pass the blame onto the developers which is completely untrue and now I'm expected to pay for an app to overcome their flaw. I'm sorry but that isn't the standard I expect. Utterly ludicrous.