Join now - be part of our community!

boot loop.. help!

profile.country.en_GB.title
mrtegg
Visitor

boot loop.. help!

my tablet s is stuck in a boot loop is there any way i can fix this without a factory reset? Please help!..

12 REPLIES 12
mrtegg
Visitor

Or maybe just a backup?..

smellyonion
New

you tried the reset button? that doesnt format anything.

mrtegg
Visitor

Yer still stuck tho.. 😞

Watashiwateshdes
Contributor

Best thing I would say is let the battery die. If you cannot do anything including access any menus, let the battery die and then charge it to see if anything changes.

mrtegg
Visitor

I've tried that too. Would I be able to re install 3.2 via SD card from the boot menu?. Only problem I don't know how to do that.. lol

Watashiwateshdes
Contributor

Sounds like a fault that would need to be repaired/replaced depending on what your dealer say.

What exactly happens? You get the wavy lines constantly?

Sadly, I cannot see any way of reloading the OS via SD or any other method. Usually when modifying any system, it needs to be fully operational to start.

mrtegg
Visitor

Yer just those lines repeating.. it looks like it crashes and restarts..   If I use the power and vol + menu there are three options and the one says something to do with updating via SD card   The thing is I've got stuff on there I really need to keep.. and I stupidly have never done a back up.

Watashiwateshdes
Contributor

Ah, that will only be for a firmware update. I totally forgot about that menu. At the moment for the UK users, all updates are done over the air. I have not seen a dedicated download option via the Sony website yet so option 2 wont really be suitable for you. Sadly the 3rd option is what you will need to pick to see if you can get it running.

Apps such as the preinstalled items will still remain on there but will need to download the data from the server again. That I would say is going to be your last resort in my opinion.

mrtegg
Visitor

Thanks for your help mate