Join now - be part of our community!

Cases for the Sony Tablet S

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
faithx

Cases for the Sony Tablet S

Has anyone looked at which case if any, they would get for the S?

Looks like Sony is only doing the one, black leather (not really my colour ).  I've had a quick look around and found quite a few different makes, any thoughts?

This site has quite a few:

http://www.letstalktablets.com/best-cases-and-sleeves-for-your-sony-tablet-s/

81 REPLIES 81
mpattenden
New

@PratishK I have the Sony screen protector and it's very good - keeps quite alot of the finger marks off and no additional glare or interference with inputting. Although like all the accessories quite pricey at the moment. :anguished:

hip_hop_rob
Explorer

Hi,

Purchased an SGP-CV1 case/cover from John Lewis for £58.  What a difference in price dependent on where you look?

When I popped in to the Sony shop at Tottenham Court Road, an unhelpful floor assistant lost out on a sale. He thought the tablet I was holding in my hand was the store's when I asked if he would assist me in putting it into the case I was about to purchase???  The fact he was asking £91for it, is another story!

I know there will be cheaper generic cases and slip ons but as this case also doubles as a stand, thought it worth investing in over a cradle.  In fairness to the Sony store at Tottenham Court Road, went back in, the next day to check out the cradle and different sales members offered a completely different experience, one that redeemed the store.  So well done those guys!

Having played with this overnight, I like the feel and workmanship.  Personally I can't see the point of buying the cradle as the stand that the case converts too does the job admirably well and it obviously doubles as a case too.

Does anyone know if the unit sensor turns off the unit as a consequence of the cover being closed or does the unit turn off automatically regardless?

faithx

@Thal and @mpattenden, cheers for that, I decided to go for a slightly cheaper one, but not the really cheap one, so have order this one from Amazon:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B005OLX0B6/ref=oss_product

@ hip_hop_rob, good price, I think the cheapest I’ve seen is £75.

You’ve brought another good point up, whether a cradle is needed?  Both you and Blencogo have agreed that the case is sturdy enough to be used in this way, which is good.

Another concern I have is heat, I was using the Tablet for quite a while today and found it got quite hot on the underneath, how is this accounted for in the case?

Oh, and my lovely butterfly case has arrived, it's so lovely and girlie, so will see how it fits later :heart_eyes:

faithx

Not as impressed as I was hoping to be with the sleeve I got. Not really made for the tablet, doesn't fit as snugly as I'd hoped. But on the plus side, it means that when I get a case it will still fit in the sleeve.

I have a few more questions for you guys who have purchased the Sony Case:

1) Does the case allow you to pivot the screen when in the stand, enabling you to view/work in the portrait as well as the landscape position?

2) When the case is in the stand position, are there different settings allowing you to change the angle inclination of the screen?

Faith x

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi Faith - how's Sweden?

ABBA? Midnight sun? Meatballs? Soured herring (Surströmming)? Vikings and Volvos?

The answer to your questions: -

1. Nej.

2. Nej.

But I have not found the need to do either (yet)!

:wink:

faithx

Sorry to disappoint, but it’s been fish & chips, a pint of Guinness in the local Irish pub so far, but there is still time for me to sample the local talents :wink:

The reason I asked these questions is that when I was on the plane today, I noticed this guy with a Tablet (Not Sony) and it had the above features.  Hate to say it, but it looked really cool :cool:

Faith x

profile.country.CH.title
knight_lancelot
New

Your are totally right - the plastic is quiet difficult to place on the screen especially if you don't want to seal some dust particles between screen and protector.

But the fantastic thing is, that the screen quality or the color and the contrast doesn't seem to be affected by that screen protector of sony.

I for example have an iPhone 4 as a secondary mobile phone and when I put a screen protector on it, the picture quality was affected, so I removed the protector again.

fyi the leather case from sony is great and stylish in one. don't wanna remove it anymore.

profile.country.GB.title
thejudge
Explorer

I bought the leather case aand screen protector from the local sony shop as there was nothing else around and I wanted to protect the tab as soon as possible.  I was a bit reluctant to spend the money as they were pricey bur I must say I am so glad I did.   The case is great quality and protects the tab perfectly. The screen protector is really good also.  It covers the screen  well and reduces reflective glare and makes it less prone to fingermarks and smudges.  You get what you pay for.

Message was edited by: thejudge

Message was edited by: thejudge

faithx

Cheers both,

I’m still waiting for the screen protector to arrive, I ordered a cheaper one, so will report back when it arrives..

If it's crap, I'll have to give in and get the Sony one.

I went into my local Sony Centre yesterday to have a good look at the Sony S1 Case, I know a lot of you are raving about it, but it just didn’t rock my boat, and £90, bloody rip off!  The screen protector was another £25 on top.

I do still need an actual case though, hoping some more will start hitting the market soon.  I’m just being careful as I know a lot are marketing cases/sleeves etc. as being for the Sony Tablet S, but really they are just generic, so not well fitting, as I found out with the sleeve I got.

Faith

mpattenden
New

Faith you're being robbed my protector was £20 from my local sony store in Leicester and the case was £70 I think - you'd have thought standard pricing from all stores !

You could always try John Lewis as well I've seen them in there too.

hth

padster