Join now - be part of our community!

Cases for the Sony Tablet S

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
faithx

Cases for the Sony Tablet S

Has anyone looked at which case if any, they would get for the S?

Looks like Sony is only doing the one, black leather (not really my colour ).  I've had a quick look around and found quite a few different makes, any thoughts?

This site has quite a few:

http://www.letstalktablets.com/best-cases-and-sleeves-for-your-sony-tablet-s/

81 REPLIES 81
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi pavr27,

I am aware that some Tuff-Luv case retails make the claim that closing the case puts the Tablet into sleep mode but I am uncertain of how this works. Certainly just covering the screen will not do this (the Navitech case doesn’t) so presumably there is some mechanism that momentarily touches the power button when closing/opening – a longer touch would produce a prompt to turn off.

As you can set the idle time before entering sleep or alternatively touch the power button momentarily this feature seems somewhat pointless and prone to problems.

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
Eddie86
Visitor

I'm with Rich on this one, just set your screen to time out after a minute. I got my Igadetz one today and am very happy for £24. Sister got the 14quid one in red and its just as good in design, just plastic instead of leather.

the one thing that is definate is that Sony's own case is damn expensive and poorly designed by not offering viewing angles.

pavr27
Visitor

Thanks for the replies guys, I thought this might be a USP for the tuff-luv case, but I remain sceptical.

Anyway, my shortlist is as follows:

Tuff-Luv Tri-Axis Series Faux Leather Case Cover for Sony S1 Tablet - Black

At £30 it's verging on pricey, and it's not real leather (the equivalent in real leather is £45)

What appeals though is the fact it stands in both portrait and landscape orientation.

iGadgitz Black 'Guardian' Genuine Leather Case Cover

At £24 a good price, and in real leather - looks good

Navitech Black Genuine Premium Leather Flip Carry Case With 3 Point Adjustable Stand

At £15 cheap and chips

Any other similar contendors I should consider?

I would appreciate comments from any owners of the above:

'build' quality?

durability?

how good a fit is it?

does the IR work in the case?

do hey all fold back completely?

what is the depth of the tablet in the case? (I'd like to know which are the least bulky)

Thanks!

Eddie86
Visitor

the igaditz one covers the infrared making it useless to me. I'm sending mine back. if you dont use the remote its excellent, but for me its a big problem

Eddie86
Visitor

I must have missed that, seems to be a problem with several cases (perhaps mistaking the mic for IR). I've now fixed mine with a pin hole - the IR is 4 dots to the right, 2 rows down from the mic as you look at the tablet as though you're using it. Happy Bunny here now, thank you!

Ed

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Same problem with the Navitech case but I just elongated the microphone hole and that solved the problem - see my previous post HERE...

Rich

Message was edited by: Thalamus.

Added link..

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

You're welcome Ed and thanks to Thalamus for adding the link to the post :slight_smile:

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
dgwilliams34
Visitor

My sons bought a "NAVITECH" branded black leather cover for my tablet S its perfect. No sticky strips excellent fit and enables the screen to be angled up at three different angles - all for less than £20 - brought from Amazon online.

faithx

Do they only come in black?

mpattenden
New

Faith,

The Navitech is the same as I have - I have definitely only seen it in black - that said it is good quality, great value and works perfectly. I made the mod as suggested by rich to make the IR work in the case (that's a 15mm extension cut to the right as you look from the front and above).

I also remove from the case every night to place in the cradle and charge and it has had no impact or wear.

hth

Padster