Join now - be part of our community!

Cases for the Sony Tablet S

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
faithx

Cases for the Sony Tablet S

Has anyone looked at which case if any, they would get for the S?

Looks like Sony is only doing the one, black leather (not really my colour ).  I've had a quick look around and found quite a few different makes, any thoughts?

This site has quite a few:

http://www.letstalktablets.com/best-cases-and-sleeves-for-your-sony-tablet-s/

81 REPLIES 81
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi Faith,

The Navitech case is also available in brown – no pink as yet:smileywink:

http://www.navi-tech.co.uk/garmin-nuvi-1400/tablet-accessories/sony-tablet-s-accessories?vmcchk=1

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
faithx

ahh, thanks Rich, I do actually prefer this one to the Sony one, however, black isn't my colour and the brown one looks like poo. Oh well, someone might come up with something a bit more funky. xx

Eddie86
Visitor

igadetz do a pink one for about 15 quid, my little sister has one. If she's around tomorrow I can get some pictures if you like? It's not bright pink though, think more 'light red'

Ed

pavr27
Visitor

I've just taken delivery of the igadgitz case (in black). It's going back for two reasons:

1) the quality of the leather on the  one they have sent me is poor, with marks that spoil the appearance.

2) It appears to block the light sensor tht controls auto screen brightness.

Other than that, for what it's worth, it feels nice, looks nice and seems an otherwise good case for the price.

Message was edited by: pavr27

Message was edited by: pavr27

pavr27
Visitor

I will probably discount the igadgitz case for the reasons in my post above.

I have now taken delivery of the Tuff-Luv tri-axis case in faux leather: my opinions so far:

Very well made, selection of angles u can stand the tablet in, nice snug fit, good feel, unlike igadgitz case, the light sensor appears to function OK. I,m not to sure I like the feel or look of the front and back 'tabs' that operate the 'stand' though, they make the case a little bulky. This is a minor niggle though.

HOWEVER! I am probably going to have to send this one back too, as the hole for the front camera is not properly aligned, and no matter how hard I try to adjust the fit, it is obscured. See attached photo that is taken with the front camera of a white wall. You an see that the case obscures the bottom of the photo.

faithx

Cheers Ed, I had a quick look at the iGadgitz Pink case, I kinda like it, it matches my Nex-5 case :cool:

I think the Tuff-Luv tri-axis case looks a bit too masculine for me.  I have been saying I need to get one since September, but have just been using a sleeve.  I have a bad experience with the screen protector as well.

Faith x

smellyonion
New

anybody found any silicon cases yet?

Eddie86
Visitor

sorry Faith, got distracted sorting my new flat out, completely forgot to get pictures! All I can say is it's well designed and quite tough. I'll try and remember tomorrow (just set a reminder lol)

:laughing:

Ed

profile.country.GB.title
Chayton69
Explorer

Recently I brought Sony's official leather case for the Tablet S and I wanted to share my impressions of it.

I had previously brought 2 cases for my tablet from Ebay.  The first I did not like as it had a wraparound clip which kept getting in the way each time I opened the case (stopping you from laying the tablet flat). The second was ok. Fake leather but the tablet fitted into it in such a way that it framed the screen which made swiping difficult (try opening dolphin browser favourites if you cannot get to the far side of the screen!)

The Official Sony case retails in the UK for about £70. There was no way I would pay that for a case but I found an exporter in Japan selling it for £20 (icl shipping).

It arrived this morning in a Sony box and is the genuine article. But what a disappointment!

Firstly, it is (IMO) fiddly to fit the tablet into the case, requiring (supplied) velcro and adhesive pads. This will make removing the tablet from the case (so  it can go in and out of a cradle dock, for instance) difficult.

Secondly, the front flap of the case is designed to fit snugly but takes away the opportunity to have an inbuilt magnetic catch that will keep the case shut. If you pick up the tablet the wrong way, the flap of the case just falls open.

Thirdly, the case does not cover the front camera and ambient light sensor - which means that if you were using an app such as case sesnsor to put your tablet in sleep mode when you close the case, you can no longer do so.

Fourthly (and this is the one that really annoys me) you cannot plug the tablet charger into the tablet and then close the case. You have to leave the case fully open and the screen exposed whilst charging - which defeats the object of having a case.

In its favour, the case looks nice enough, particularly when it is closed with the flap fitted snugly and with the Sony logo embossed on the front. But it is a bad design. If I had paid £70 for this I would be very unhappy indeed.

Others might think differently and we are all entitled to an opinion. I thought I would share mine in case anyone is thinking of ordering one at the vastly inflated Sony price. I posted this on the XDA site and had a guy respond thanking me for saving him money so there you go.

I am back on case number 2 again now ;-/

Chayton

faithx

Thank you so much for this Chayton, I had held off getting the Sony case for so long, mainly due to people reporting it as being fiddly and for me the lack of colours. I eventually went for the iGadgitz one, which was only about £15, I like it and have had no problems so far.

Faith