Join now - be part of our community!

Controlling (not gaming) the PS3 console with the Tablet S

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
mikessony1983
Visitor

Controlling (not gaming) the PS3 console with the Tablet S

I really hope Sony will read this and do something about it in the next update or even with an app.  I own a Sony Tablet S and i love it, however i really cannot understand why there isn't an app to let you control your ps3 via bluetooth! it jst seems to me like this would be a really obvious addition to the tablet and an incredibly simple one to add. It would literally jst have to be virtual ps3 buttons on the tablet screen which send the same bluetooth command signal as the physical buttons on the dual shock 3 pad, it could even be paired the same way as the pad via the usb port! please comment or make some suggestions if anyone has any i'd love to hear them.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
stowball
Visitor

Logitech have a USB PS3 infra red receiver for use with their "all in one" remotes. If you know somebody who has a remote, buy a receiver, borrow the remote and teach your tablet to control it :slight_smile:

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Eddie86
Visitor

I'd be happy if they just let us control the blu ray part of the ps3. I now control everything in my lounge using my tablet except for the ps3

Watashiwateshdes
Contributor

I do not think it is a Tablet issue.If you have a look for anything Bluetooth remote related for the PS3, there is nothing on the Android Market.

I can only assume it is something the Sony Computer Entertainment Europe have put in place to prevent other devices other than the dedicated remote functioning. Given the fact that Android has been going for a while, you would have through that someone would have atleast had some sort of ap by now.

stowball
Visitor

Logitech have a USB PS3 infra red receiver for use with their "all in one" remotes. If you know somebody who has a remote, buy a receiver, borrow the remote and teach your tablet to control it :slight_smile:

thecoulson
Visitor

Hi,  I can confirm this works... just programmed the tab to send the signals to the logitech IR-to-Bluetooth reciever and the PS3 can be controlled no problem!

profile.country.da_DK.title
Kristian1401
Visitor

go to google play and search  for sixaxis controller or buy a adaptor from sony

profile.country.NL.title
aberken
New

Hi! The only reason I can think of why Sony does not want us to use the tablet for remote the PS3 is that Sony has just a lot of Bluetooth remote controllers in there storage for the PS3, first they want to get rid of (sell) them before adding a handy feature like this on the tablet.

This is problably the most spoken discussion over the tablet. But Sony keeps very...very quiet.