Join now - be part of our community!

Faulty screen caused crack

Helmet99
Visitor

Faulty screen caused crack

Just sent my tablet back for repair had a quote back from repair in which I have 2 witnesses that see it crack for no reason. So why are Sony not looking at repairing this? I will take further action if required

7 REPLIES 7
profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

@Helmet99

I'm sorry to hear about your issue but the screen can't crack on its own, perhaps you dropped the device few times and had micro cracks that expanded, maybe you sat on it, there are myriad probabilities. 

If you want to, you can post a picture of the crack screen

Helmet99
Visitor

Well let's get someone correct here it did it cracked in the same place that my left hand would hold in it!! 

2 witnesses to see that it also just cracked for no reason this has always been cased including being attached to the keyboard when stored. 

I will also point out it has never been dropped 

profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

@Helmet99

you don't have to convince me or anyone, this is a global user based forum, could you provide a picture of the cracked screen?

Helmet99
Visitor

ask sony they have it!

profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

@Helmet99

Let us know whenever you are going to provide pictures.

YoGem
Leader

@Helmet99 not to be disrespectful but as users we will like to see some pictures by you, not by Sony, as this is an user based forum.

Please? 

profile.country.GB.title
thejman
New

I have 2 cracks on the digitizer panel it appeared after I rebooted the tablet because the tablet didn't respond to touch. When it came back on, it still didn't work then I noticed it would work on some areas. I looked more carefully and saw 2 hairline cracks. I haven't dropped mine but my wife said I sat on it earlier without noticing. Sometimes these things happen. I would have come to the same conclusion if my wife hadn't mentioned it. Won't change your view but I thought it was worth a mention. Good luck with your claim. J