Join now - be part of our community!

Google labs disabled my internet address bar

SOLVED
profile.country.en_IE.title
brleona33
Visitor

Google labs disabled my internet address bar

I was messing around with the settings and I found the labs section of the internet browser. I enabled a hide toolbar addon. It said to bring back the toolbar, just flick the screen left and right. I've tried to get it back, but nothing happens. Anyone able to help?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi brleona33,

Welcome to Questions & Answers..:smileyhappy:

You have enabled the Quick Control option in Lab settings.

One of the ideas behind Quick Controls is to hide the tool/address bar in order to give more space to web page content, it can be tricky to get the hang of at first though..

As Heavygoods has mentioned to access the options to disable Quick Control press & hold your finger on the far right of the browser screen & the Quick Controls should appear.

Without lifting your finger slide your finger to the bottom icon & a list should appear keep sliding down until your finger rests on settings & then remove your finger..

In the settings page click on Labs & deselect Quick Controls..

Google QC.JPG

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.en_GB.title
heavygoods
Visitor

Yes, looks like you've enabled the "browse fullscreen" google labs feature, which I also use (and think is excellent).

It hides everything then inside a menu accessed by touching the very edge of the screen - best thing is to slide your finger onto the screen from the black border.  It will bring up a semi-circle of options; sliding your finger to the little globe will bring up the address bar and keyboard, going to the little menu icon will bring up (surprisingly) the menu, including all the options to enable / disable the features.

Hope this helps...

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi brleona33,

Welcome to Questions & Answers..:smileyhappy:

You have enabled the Quick Control option in Lab settings.

One of the ideas behind Quick Controls is to hide the tool/address bar in order to give more space to web page content, it can be tricky to get the hang of at first though..

As Heavygoods has mentioned to access the options to disable Quick Control press & hold your finger on the far right of the browser screen & the Quick Controls should appear.

Without lifting your finger slide your finger to the bottom icon & a list should appear keep sliding down until your finger rests on settings & then remove your finger..

In the settings page click on Labs & deselect Quick Controls..

Google QC.JPG