Join now - be part of our community!

Hotmail problems since ICS update

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
GeoffNT
Visitor

Hotmail problems since ICS update

on top of the SD card write problems that ICS has caused, I'm also having email connection problems to my hotmail account since the update. I get a server connection error whenever it syncs. I have tried deleting the account and re-installing, but get the same error. I can login to the account via the web fine.

25 REPLIES 25
GeoffNT
Visitor

Ok, it does seem as if it might just be a huge coincidence that the problems started at the same time as the ICS update. If that is the case, it makes the Sony customer service response of "you need to do a factory reset" even more unhelpful though!!!

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi Geoff,

Whilst a factory reset can solve a lot of issues from what I have read doing a reset would not make any difference to the MS Hotmail problems that you are having..

GeoffNT
Visitor

Are people still having problems with this?

I have 2 hotmail accounts and one has continued to work in the standard android email app through all of the these problems whereas the other one hasn't been able to send any emails for weeks even if I can get it to sync and receive incoming mail. I keep trying to delete and re-set it up, but often it can't even connect to the server to start the setup process.  I really don't like the Hotmail app version as the folders access on it is very clunky so hope this can be solved soon. I know it is presumed that the problem is at the Hotmail end, but if so, I don't see why my Hotmail access is running perfectly on both my android phone and PC using Windows Live Mail.

profile.country.nl_NL.title
breedBenR

it depends through what protocol you connect to hotmail if it works or not

GeoffNT
Visitor

I dont think thats true. I have 2 accounts both connected using the automatic settings yet one works fine and the other only very intermittently. I think it is to do with the number of messages/folders in each account. The one that works has very few folders whereas the intermittent one has many folders and several hundred messages. I have also reset the account using the exchange protocol as advised on here and it still doesn't work.

profile.country.nl_BE.title
wim_bee
Visitor

I do believe it has to do with ICS upgrade.

I have a Sony Ericsson Xperia Neo which I upgraded end of june 2012 from Gingerbread to ICS.

Since this upgrade my mails are no longer shown under my hotmail app "Seven", nor my hotmail calander is synchronising.

I have the same problem if I want to define another hotmail address from one of the family members on my Sony Ericsson Xperia Neo, running Android ICS. So, all hotmail e-mail addresses do not work under ICS.

On the contrary, what does work is my hotmail e-mail address on the Sony Ericsson Mini of my son, which is still running Gingerbread. Also on the  Samsung Galaxy Star of my other son, also running Gingerbread, my e-mail address + all other family e-mail addresses are working without any problem.

There is also no problem between Hotmail and iOS (all hotmail addresses are functioning on my wifes i-phone and i-pad)

In cannot else than conclude that the problem must be between Hotmail and Android ICS. There is no problem between Hotmail and Gingerbread, nor between Hotmail and iOS.

As a workaround, I forwarded all my hotmails to my GMail address, which synchronises without any problem with My Sony Ericsson Xperia Neo running ICS.

Message was edited by: wim_bee