Join now - be part of our community!

How can the trash of the mail be emptied ?

profile.country.nl_NL.title
fjvanittersum
Visitor

How can the trash of the mail be emptied ?

I use  the Sony Tablet mail app for my corporate Exchange mail account. In general, it works fine, but I cannot empty the trash folder.

Two questions:

- Can the trash folder easily be emptied using the Sony Tablet S mail app ?

- Why doesn't the trash folder get emptied when I've emptied the Exchange trash folder on the mail server using another mail program (e.g. Outlook on a windows pc). Does the synchronisation of teh Sony Tablet S app not work properly ?

Thanks for the answers !

4 REPLIES 4
breedBenR

I ran into the same problem.

- Synchronising of Trash bin with exchange server is buggy.

- there is no quick button to 'empty' the trash bin, i.e. permanently delete all mail.

- the Trash bin often contains only those emails that you deleted in a mail session on the tablet (not the ones you deleted while using your PC at the office, for example)

- you can delete items manually

- after you delete one or two items permanently from trash... try to tap the synchronise button, it MIGHT suddenly synchronise

- delete one or two more, and try again... for me at some moment it started to work.

- It might be because the email app names this folder Trash, where at your server it might be called Deleted Items or something. It does pair the two, and imports te information, but synchronisation is not full.

MAIL app could use an update.

- Trash synchronising buggy

- IMAP smtp sending buggy

fjvanittersum
Visitor

Thanks for the answer !

Can we report this "bug" in a bug-repository or a website for Sony Tablet developers or Android developers ? It would be nice if this issue could be improved.

Furthermore, I run in other strange things, probably bugs.

profile.country.GB.title
brpears41
New

How do I erase emails from Sony c1505

profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

Hi @brpears41 :slight_smile:

Unfortunately we no longer cover  tablets or phones on this forum.

Try posting on the Official Xperia Support forum which is

Here

Hope this helps.