Join now - be part of our community!

missing universal remote app

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
magicmerlyn
New

missing universal remote app

Hi,the universal remote control and other preloaded apps have disappeared. Factory reset doesn't bring them back. Is it just my machine or is anyone else having this problem

19 REPLIES 19
profile.country.nl_NL.title
Zerokewl

i would't wait the tablet is unstable like hell on 4.0.3 but then again thats high likely due android 4.0.3 which kindy stupid 4.0.4 been out quite long time why did't sony launch it with 4.0.4 least installed or 4.1 straight away.

profile.country.GB.title
magicmerlyn
New

my tablet has been returned, all apps back but now on 4.0.3 version5 .Its asking me to update to 6b. Wil i end up stuck in ground hog day.

profile.country.nl_NL.title
Zerokewl

Just update it if its bugs again ask replacement.

Else you be stuck on 1 update all this time.

I would wanna update to jellybean eitherway when that comes out.

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

magicmerlyn wrote:

my tablet has been returned, all apps back but now on 4.0.3 version5 .Its asking me to update to 6b. Wil i end up stuck in ground hog day.

Glad to read that your Tablet has been returned..:smileyhappy:

If it were me I would install the 6b update which hopefully should be fine..

However if you notice any problems let me know & I'll raise this with Sony support again for you..:smileywink:

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi magicmerlyn,

can you update us on wether you have succesfully installed the 4.0.3 release 6b update..

profile.country.GB.title
magicmerlyn
New

Hi thalamus, pleased to report as far tablet is stable after installing update. Thanks for your interest.

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

magicmerlyn wrote:

Hi thalamus, pleased to report as far tablet is stable after installing update. Thanks for your interest.

Excellent, thanks for replying..:smileyhappy:

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

bedrek wrote:

Hi,

I've also reported the problem, the only answer I get is do a hard reset.

My 2 Week Tablet has now no Sony applications.

I've tried both the US and UK for assistance and they both offer a hard reset.

Given that the recovery information stored on the device doesn't contain the Sony applications post an OTA upgrade I'm getting rather frustrated.

I've tried to call the support line but you need a pre existing case number. Not quiet as this website describes.

Hi bedrek,

do you still have missing apps on your tablet.?

profile.country.GB.title
magicmerlyn
New

Hi all, can now state that sony has now requested return of my tablet to reinstate missing apps. Looks like this will not be resolved simply with a system update.

Message was edited by: Thalamus.

Anyone with a similar problem should contact Technical support- details can be found via the support tab at the top of the web page..

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Anyone with a similar problem should contact Technical support- details can be found via the support tab at the top of the web page..