Join now - be part of our community!

Not Working Sony bkb50 keyboard!

erikas
Visitor

Not Working Sony bkb50 keyboard!

hey all i have big problem... my keyborad not working... i can't turn on keyboard... i push any key... and when i try chargine and when no working... please help me!!! 

9 REPLIES 9
Jake-SonyXperia
Champion

Hi erikas,

Welcome to the community,

You should try performing a reset to the Keyboard, please see the steps below.

Reset instructions

Press and hold down the pair key and, at the same time, slide the power switch downwards and keep it in the down position for 3 second

erikas
Visitor

I try everything.... please HELP ME!!!!!

My windows computer detects but can do nothing for the operation of it.......

Jake-SonyXperia
Champion

If resetting the device holds no results, then I can only really advise that you either return the unit to the place of purchase or contact Sony Mobile Customer Care for further support, they will be able to help you.

Use my signature below.

lilacwine03
Visitor

Help again please!   I have now had 3 replacement BKB50 keyboards for my Z4.  I charged this one again yesterday and the white light has gone out yet again, and I cannot get the keyboard to start or be paired again.  I have re-booted the keyboard, used NFC, bluetooth does not recognise this either on my tablet???   TOTALLY at my wits end.  I have either been very unlucky and had the same batch of keyboards sent me or they are a really naff product.  Grateful for any further advice?

Miro2
Visitor

I'm having the same problem, can someone advise me how to pair the keyboard with the tablet please? I need this sorted urgently, please help!! 

profile.country.GB.title
Lord_viridis
Expert

Pull down and hold the power button, then hold the pair button for a few seconds. The light will begin to flash.
On tablet go to Bluetooth and wait until it sees the keyboard.
Click on the bkb50 that appears.
It will now pair.
pesc0
Visitor

I appreciate that this is an old thread but my input might be useful for someone.

I received the android update today which appears to have gone well. However, I immediately noticed that the BKB50 appeared to have paired and was connected to the Z4 but was producing no cursor movement nor  keybord input. all lights did what they were supposed to do when switches were toggled.

I followed the instruction in this thread to no avail until I took the following actions:

| Settings |

| Bluetooth |

| BKB50    press cogwheel then press FORGET |

BKB50 now drops to  Available devices section

| press the pair key |

when blue flashing light, click BKB50

BKB50 should now go back to Paired devices section and keyboard should be working again. Obviously if the keyboard is faulty, my 'fix'won't work, but appears to be an important part of doing a full reset of the BKB50 connection, 

crocky001
Visitor

I have the same problem. Keyboard is paired but not working. Have done factory reset on both keyboard and tablet with no luck. All worked well until nougat update. Looking forward to this update since I saw it on the pixel c. Split screen with keyboard. Any suggestions.

profile.country.en_GB.title
khislam49
New

thank you so much it worked, i had this problem for weeks thinking i will have to return it or send it to sony.

Khadirul