Join now - be part of our community!

Should I upgrade from Android 4.3 ?

SOLVED
Davem
Visitor

Should I upgrade from Android 4.3 ?

Having had issues with prior updates, and reading here about your various issues with later updates, I have stayed with Android 4.3 build 10.4.1.B.109 on my SGP312.

I have had no issues with this build, other than low earpiece volume. No screen flickering, no wi-fi dropouts etc.

Just can't hear the audio when I watch videos on a plane, due to background noise. I get around that with a headphone amp (cumbersome), or by boosting the audio gain of the films in Handbrake on my PC (can cause distortion, and time-consuming to do).

Is there any reason I should upgrade?

What is the latest build available and what is the Android version?

Update Centre app currently offers build 10.5.A.0.230 on my device. Is that the latest build, or an intermediate step? Are there any issues with it? It seems to be the version most complained about in this forum, which is why I didn't upgrade.

I think I spotted comments about 5.1.1 on here, which I suspect may be latest build for Tablet Z. Any ongoing issues with that? There were plenty of complaints when it first rolled out. Has there been an update that fixed the issues?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Phil123
Visitor

Hi there, i did update mine I don't have many problems on my tablet it is runnning on lollipop (5.1.1), it's very unlikely to have problems if you update yours. Here are the reasons why I updated mine:

• Some apps needs higher android version
  • Improved settings and beautiful user interference than KitKat.
  • Security

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Phil123
Visitor

Hi there, i did update mine I don't have many problems on my tablet it is runnning on lollipop (5.1.1), it's very unlikely to have problems if you update yours. Here are the reasons why I updated mine:

• Some apps needs higher android version
  • Improved settings and beautiful user interference than KitKat.
  • Security
Davem
Visitor

Thanks for the reply. I had actually upgraded recently for compatibility with an app I needed to install.

No issues found as yet.

Issues with 4.3 that were resolved with the upgrade:-

Headphone volume is better.

Tethering to my phone to share mobile data now works, previously I'd had to use EasyTether app.

Throw function works reliably, previously connected devices not found or connection dropped.

MilioK
Visitor

hello

did you try to use playstation remote play app? i triyng to install but it says it´s not compatible , doy you know hot to fix it? best regards