Join now - be part of our community!

SKYPE and connectability

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
damccaf
Visitor

SKYPE and connectability

How do you do video on skype on the S1 and can you connect a printer to it?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Richy_S
Visitor

Hi PratishK,

I have got Skype running and works well, but only audio – no video.  My girl friend’s HTC Desire S running Android 2.3 and has voice and video, but Android 3 only supports voice atm, as far as I know and experience.

This is *not* a Sony Tab issue as far as I’m aware.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Watashiwateshdes
Contributor

Welcome to the Sony forum

The question regarding printing has already been raised but the USB terminal will be unable to support direct printing as it has not been designed to do so. This is not a product limitation but the way the overall Android system has been created. Since every printer requires its own driver, housing those could potentially require a large chunk of the systems memory space, not good for a portable unit. If your printer does not support wireless printing, then sadly  you would need to email the file, upload to dropbox or a cloud service and access it on your computer. On all the Android based deivces and searching the Android marketplace, I am unable to find a direct USB file printing protocol. Pretty much the same limitations as the iOS on the iPad/2

As for the Skype capabilities, well im waiting on mine to arrive so I wouldnt be able to tell you direct. If you own one, try it out and if not, see if your local stockist has one available and maybe ask for a demo? They might have wifi connected and could ask them to download it so you can test?

Hope that gives you some insight.

PratishK
Visitor

anyone tried skype on it yet?

Richy_S
Visitor

Hi PratishK,

I have got Skype running and works well, but only audio – no video.  My girl friend’s HTC Desire S running Android 2.3 and has voice and video, but Android 3 only supports voice atm, as far as I know and experience.

This is *not* a Sony Tab issue as far as I’m aware.

draper69
Explorer

Hi ,

I have had no problems using skype on the sony tablet s. im using skype for android current version 2.5.0.160 from marketplace as at october 21,2011

it works fine with audio and video.

although this is not supported by skype at this time,it does work.

maybe it will be their supported list next update.

profile.country.it_IT.title
0ikiki0
Visitor

There are big problems with skype and similar.

Front camera darkness and low quality microphone.

Unuseful.