Join now - be part of our community!

SONY personell claims Xperia Tablet S can use SDXC - true?

profile.country.SE.title
pixlas
New

SONY personell claims Xperia Tablet S can use SDXC - true?

Accoridng to specifications the Xperia Tablet S does not support SDXC cards but in an article at www.swedroid.se SONY people who demo it claims it can use up to 96gb  (32gb internal + 64 gb cards).

64gb cards are only SDXC.....

Which one is true? Wouldn't want to try as the SDXC cards in the old Tablet S would go corrupt if inserted.

Can we an official response to this SONY?

6 REPLIES 6
profile.country.fr_FR.title
MichaelREMY
Explorer

hi !

i have some doubt too!

several people on internet says some 64Gb card (even 128) runs! but they don't tell the brand and the model !

i tried the SDXC 64Gb Transcend class 10 and it doesn't run.

on this serious website, they say SDXC is compatible :

http://www.digitalversus.com/tablet/sony-xperia-tablet-s-p14113/test.html

and in the comments there, people said too :

http://www.theverge.com/2012/9/24/3333106/sony-xperia-tablet-s-review#comments

so , i guess there is some brand/model of 64 and 128 GB which runs on this tablet ?

Ce message a été modifié par: MichaelREMY

profile.country.GB.title
fee.666
Explorer

Hi!

Is a SDXC reader necessary or can the Xperia Tablet be connected to a Windows 7 pc and files transferred to the card directly?

I am waiting delivery of a 64 gb SDXC card..

Ofiaich

MichaelREMY
Explorer

which brand and model do you expect ?

let us know if it runs on the tablet!  Mine transcend SDXC 64Gb class 10 does not !

profile.country.en_GB.title
fransuarez100
Visitor

I have the Sony Tablet S and when I tried a Sandisk 64GB SDXC it did not work at first however discovered this because anything over 32GB is usually formatted as NTFS rather than fat32 much like when you change the hard drive on you PS3/Xbox. I got around this by using a free program called EASEUS partition master 9.1 simplegoogle search will find it. I used this to re format my SD card to Fat32 and it works a treat even in my older Tablet S. Hope this helps.

MichaelREMY
Explorer

you was right ! it runs !

As windows7 cannot allow you to format a card in fat32 (only ntfs or exfat), then you need another sofware (like EASEUS partition master whicjh is free for home use). And after the fat32 format, the xperia tablet recognize the SDXC 64GB of free space !

awsome !

ican 't wait the price fall for the 128Mb sdcard !

Message was edited by: MichaelREMY

profile.country.cs_CZ.title
derak666
Visitor

Kingston Class 10 SDXC 128GB is working with my Xperia Tablet S. Tested also on old Sony Tablet S. All you need is to format sdxc card to fat32 - and it will work in almost all sdhc enabled devices. It's the same for microSDHC 64GB and cellphones.