Join now - be part of our community!

SONY Tablet S Charger

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
nickrain
Visitor

SONY Tablet S Charger

Does anyone know where I can get a spare UK charger for the  tablet S ?

It seems to be out of stock everywhere and suppliers seem unable to advise if they can get any more stock.

Direct from SONY there is no price, availability information  or any way to add it to the shopping basket.

This page

http://www.sony.co.uk/product/sony-tablet-chargers

Only has the Tablet P charger for £29. There seems to be no way to order a tablet S charger.

For a current product this is very poor and a little worrying.. Losing my present charger would make the tablet useless if I cant get a relacement.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
nickrain
Visitor

Time to eat humble pie. The first call I made to a  local Sony Centre had one in stock @£29 ....so the obvious answer i.e. ask a Sony Store -  was in fact the correct one.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert
nickrain
Visitor

Thanks for that. I think I did look at Amazon  but the charger seems expensive at nearly £50 with delivery. Currys seem to have no stock at any branch within 100 miles  and it's not available for home delivery so you can't order it on line.

Some  suppliers  offer it at £29  ... but they don't have any stock so I guess that's irrelavant.

I'm really surprised you can't get it direct from SONY

Message was edited by: nickrain

Message was edited by: nickrain

mpattenden
New

Nick,

Did a quick Google search and this was showing in stock:

http://www.bristolcameras.co.uk/p-sony-sgp-ac10v1-ac-adapter-for-tablet-s.htm

Also some stock at PC World (altough said limited) Very easy to check if you have the currys link just change the currys part to pcworld in the link and keep the rest of the link the same an it will show you stock (the sites use the same backend just different home pages!

http://www.pcworld.co.uk/gbuk/sony-sgpac10v1-cel-s-series-adapter-11350488-pdt.html

Available to collect in store apparently.

Regards

Padster

nickrain
Visitor

Thanks for the info.

I orderd it from Bristol cameras and got an immediate email saying it was out of stock. A call to their mail order department inofrmed me that they were unable/ unsure if they would be able to get further stock

I'll persue the Currys/PC world route but so far Curry have none at any local brances and you can't order for home delivery. SONY appear to have no method for  placing an order for this item on their on line store

This is really frustrating.  I expect  SONY to be able to supply a vital accessory for  a current model, without fuss, delieverded next day and at a reasonable cost. Not all this Googling around looking for stock  at obscure dealers.

I'll try a couple of  local SONY shops which seem an obvious route and see what their take is.

nickrain
Visitor

Time to eat humble pie. The first call I made to a  local Sony Centre had one in stock @£29 ....so the obvious answer i.e. ask a Sony Store -  was in fact the correct one.