Join now - be part of our community!

Sony Tablet S Update problem

profile.country.en_GB.title
gt19300
Visitor

Sony Tablet S Update problem

Yesterday I updated to latest Android version 4.0.3 release 1. Now the onscreen keyboard is not available. When I try to type in a URL this opens google voice type and a screen saying 'waiting for results' with a never ending circular rotating icon.

13 REPLIES 13
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

gt19300 wrote:

Thank you. I'll let you know any outcome.

Yes please do..:smileyhappy:

fredspaw
Visitor

same problem. just turned tablet on (bought yesterday) updated google play and now i can no longer access the store to download apps. any guidance appreciated. Fred 

gt19300
Visitor

On Saturday 25th August purchased a Microsoft 5000 Mobile Bluetooth Keyboard from PC World for £22. Did this online for store pick up as this is priced at £49 in store.

Connected this to Tablet and gained internet connection to reinstall Google Account. Downloaded AI Type Keyboard from store and Tablet in working order. Not the ideal solution but it worked.

Sony then rang on 29th August, no resolution available nor any anticipated date. They will ring when it is. Explained what I had done and made my feelings known in no uncertain terms and requested a return of the Tablet for repair or replacement as it is still in 2 year warranty. Told not to return at this time but to give time for a resolve to be made. I would have thought Sony could provide a resolve before now as I first reported this on 16th August.

I have been a Sony supporter having bought a Bravia 3D TV, NEX-5 Camera, DVD Recorder and Tablet S. Sony support sites are dire sending you round in ever decreasing circles until you disappear up your own rear. No more Sony products for me.

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

gt19300 wrote:

On Saturday 25th August purchased a Microsoft 5000 Mobile Bluetooth Keyboard from PC World for £22. Did this online for store pick up as this is priced at £49 in store.

Connected this to Tablet and gained internet connection to reinstall Google Account. Downloaded AI Type Keyboard from store and Tablet in working order. Not the ideal solution but it worked.

Thanks for sharing hopefully this will help others if they encounter a similar problem..:smileyhappy: