Join now - be part of our community!

Sony Z2 Tablet SGP521 yellow spot оn the screen

alexnut
Explorer

Sony Z2 Tablet SGP521 yellow spot оn the screen

I have yellow tint on the screen of my device. The same problem I found with Xperia S. Someone knows why they occur and how to fix it? There are who have the same problem?

sony-xperia-s-yellow-tint-2_1333496343.jpg

11 REPLIES 11
ganyaik
New

I have the same issue. First it was very subtle, but became very pronounced lately. Did you get in touch with Sony regarding this?

martinkoukola
Explorer

yellow spot on thé screen 

profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

Hi all, is it actually a yellow spot or a yellow tint on the screen?

If its a yellow tint it may be possible to alter it using the white balance, however this isn't an option on my Tablet Z and I'm not sure its available on the Z2.

(Some of the Z phones have been able to solve this problem using the white balance tab in their display settings.)

There are apps available that claim to change white balance, but there are some concerns over what else installs with those apps.

Either way I would certainly take them back to the retailer (or contact Sony Customer Services if bought from Sony) for a swap. :slight_smile:

Hey mate

Did you return your tablet? What was the outcome?

I have EXACTLY the same discoloration on my almost new tablet, and the "authorised" repair centre here is trying to claim its not covered by warranty due to physical damage, despite not a mark on the tablet, and this being a well documentated issue with Xperia tablets.

Thanks

martinkoukola
Explorer

Complaints - sony repair service in the Czech Republic - Replacing the display.

martinkoukola
Explorer

Replacing the display for the new display.

Ok, and they are replacing it under warranty?
martinkoukola
Explorer

Yes, in warranty, no many...

martinkoukola
Explorer

Yes, repaired under warranty, no money.