Join now - be part of our community!

tablet s stylus

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
mikemurk
Visitor

tablet s stylus

hi,

has anyone managed to find a stylus that the tablet s screen works with?

mike

Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
mpattenden
New

@tobarre32: I'm sure that is aimed at the non-capacitive specific stylus as there is no way you could scratch a screen with the bamboo stylus.

@Eddie86: Unfortunately Eddie because of the reason above it's not really good/fine enough for that in fact on the sony sometimes my finger is better an example is the drawing pad app I have for my daughter - definitely better with my finger - on the iPad it seems more responsive - now whether that is affected because I also have the official sony screen protector with it's matte finish etc I don't know - but as I say my main use is for when I'm cooking and don't want fingers on my screen that are wet/been handling food etc... and the official screen protector is in my opinion excellent.

hth

Padtser

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Eddie86
Visitor

I'm positive I read somewhere that because the tablet s is designed for fingertip use, a stylus won't work on it.

Ed

mpattenden
New

Mike,

You'll need a capacitive style stylus- so any designed to work with the iPad will do.

I have the one by bamboo which is ok but only use it when I'm cooking really for changing music tracksand not get my tablet all smeared etc. I have to be honest and say it probably works better on the wifes iPad and that realistically I don't find I need it that often.

hth

Padster

Eddie86
Visitor

Padster,

is that type of stylus thin enough to use for drawing and writing on the sony?

tobarre32
New

From the manual:

Your tablet device uses a capacitive touch screen. Tap the screen directly with your fingertip. Do not scratch it or tap it with sharp objects such as a needle, pen, or fingernails. You cannot operate the touch screen with a stylus.

mpattenden
New

@tobarre32: I'm sure that is aimed at the non-capacitive specific stylus as there is no way you could scratch a screen with the bamboo stylus.

@Eddie86: Unfortunately Eddie because of the reason above it's not really good/fine enough for that in fact on the sony sometimes my finger is better an example is the drawing pad app I have for my daughter - definitely better with my finger - on the iPad it seems more responsive - now whether that is affected because I also have the official sony screen protector with it's matte finish etc I don't know - but as I say my main use is for when I'm cooking and don't want fingers on my screen that are wet/been handling food etc... and the official screen protector is in my opinion excellent.

hth

Padtser

Eddie86
Visitor

Cheers Padster, I'll try out more apps using fingers then. I'm to chicken to use my tablet anywhere like a kitchen yet, not worth any risk for me lol!

Ed

mpattenden
New

I have my Harmon Kardon Soundsticks in the kitchen so use it there to play music :wink:

Regards

Padster

Watashiwateshdes
Contributor

I have been using the Wacom Bamboo Stylus. Even when the Sony screen protector is on, it works. Not as responsive vs the iPad but it works. Even with fingers, I still cannot find the tracking as fluent as the iPad. 🙂