Join now - be part of our community!

TabZ 5.1.1 widget selection problems

SOLVED
Dick_W
Visitor

TabZ 5.1.1 widget selection problems

My 5.1.1 Tablet Z is having a problem showing widgets in the selection view to add a widget. In landscape, the titles don't show--or only a few characters do for long titles--and icons only show if there are several of them. Swipe to scroll left doesn't show more. In portrait, it's only slightly better as the titles show and the icon is cut off. It also shows the first widget and can scroll right to see all of them. Basically, I can only add widgets from portrait orientation.

Landscape:

Screenshot_2016-04-24-21-01-20.png

Portrait:

Screenshot_2016-04-24-21-01-46.png

Anybody else seeing this after the September 5.1.1 update? Odds we ever see a fix? (Odds Sony ever releases another Android tablet? Too bad since I really like this tablet. Thinking about buying a Z4 but there is this "dead company walking" problem with Sony Mobile…)

I don't play with widgets on the home screens very often, so can't say how long this has been a problem.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

@Dick_W

That's indeed a third party launcher

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

@Dick_W

Are you using a third party home launcher? which widgets are you experiencing problems with? 

Dick_W
Visitor

Google Now launcher. Does that count as third party? (I'll go try the Sony one just for laughs.)

The widgets work fine once you get them on the home screen(s). The problem is selecting them. See the screenshots. Those are the exact same widget selector, just in landcape and portrait.

profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

@Dick_W

That's indeed a third party launcher

Dick_W
Visitor

I hadn't even thought of the launcher in this, perhaps because I quit using the Xperia one pretty quickly. This does appear to be a Google Now problem. I guess the good news then is that makes it a lot more likely to get fixed.

profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

@Dick_W

Don't forget to send your feedback to Google now devs

Dick_W
Visitor

I did. And an update just pushed fixing it! 😀

profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

Great to hear that