Join now - be part of our community!

What is next release after 4.0.3 r1a, and when?

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
EbeneezerBalfour
Visitor

What is next release after 4.0.3 r1a, and when?

I am waiting for the next release in the UK after the US release of 4.0.3 r5 (which is what I currently have and it doesnt do 3G although my tablet is a UK 3G model) as I want my UK tab with 3G back in full operation - are there any strong rumours when?

Preferably r5 or better still later as I am not sure r5 will be acccepted as it is already on  my device.

It has notified me of the current release (I assume its 4.0.3 r1a, but it fails with error code 7)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.nl_NL.title
breedBenR

the updates for the wifi and the wifi+3g models are two different updates. I don't know if 3G r5 update is released in the USA already at all, it might well be.

If you put a USA r5 release for wifi-only model in some way manually on your UK model (how impatient :wink: ), then you will have to wait until the r5 update is released for the UK (check this forum, it is announced for the end of the year, cited elsewhere in this forum, my gamble is 1 December).

When the update is released for the UK, you will have to undo the USA r5 update, using the same kind of tools you used to put it on, probably going back to r1, and changing your region to UK, then activate updating to receive the regular UK r5 update.

Message was edited by: breedBenR

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.nl_NL.title
breedBenR

the updates for the wifi and the wifi+3g models are two different updates. I don't know if 3G r5 update is released in the USA already at all, it might well be.

If you put a USA r5 release for wifi-only model in some way manually on your UK model (how impatient :wink: ), then you will have to wait until the r5 update is released for the UK (check this forum, it is announced for the end of the year, cited elsewhere in this forum, my gamble is 1 December).

When the update is released for the UK, you will have to undo the USA r5 update, using the same kind of tools you used to put it on, probably going back to r1, and changing your region to UK, then activate updating to receive the regular UK r5 update.

Message was edited by: breedBenR

profile.country.en_GB.title
EbeneezerBalfour
Visitor

Hi,

belated thanks ! (lost my log in)

seasons best !