Join now - be part of our community!

Why is there no task manager in Xperia tablet Z?

SOLVED
JimNoap
Visitor

Why is there no task manager in Xperia tablet Z?

i would really like some kind of feature to close all open apps/programs at once instead of shutting them down 1 by 1. Xperia Tablet Z owner.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

A taskiller its NOT a good idea, Android will close apps as it need RAM, also, when you exit an app press BACK instead of Home. 

Again stay away from

taskillers

task managers

antivirus

ram apps

battery apps

booster apps

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

A taskiller its NOT a good idea, Android will close apps as it need RAM, also, when you exit an app press BACK instead of Home. 

Again stay away from

taskillers

task managers

antivirus

ram apps

battery apps

booster apps

JimNoap
Visitor

wow!

thanks for this info.  i always pressed home :<

i am so used to pressing short command on my galaxy to close all the junk i open at once. i guess its time to remove this bad habit.

also can u tell me why should i stay away from antivirus. i always thought avast is something i just must use.

profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

Antivirus will slow down your phone, drain your battery  and create other issues, as long as you download apps from the play store and don't visit dubious sites or open mysterious emails you should be ok, also keep the "install unknown source off " that way a website can not sideload their malware. 

dnastase
Visitor

I don't agree with not using task manager to kill apps.

As long as the apps get killed nicely (eg: not kill -9) then there is no downside. 

It's the same story w/ manual memory management in C/C++ or the garbage collection in Java: there are pluses and minuses for both and it depends on the context of use.