Join now - be part of our community!

Will sony restore the tablet interface layout for android 4.2.2 on tablets like the Z?

profile.country.en_GB.title
andcobde

Will sony restore the tablet interface layout for android 4.2.2 on tablets like the Z?

Is there any chance Sony will restore the infinitely superior tablet interface layout on the Tablet Z to what it was before the 4.2.2 update?

The 4.2.2 update puts the phone or phablet style interface with the android short cuts in the bottom middle and the task bar at the top where they are unreachable on the Z and it seriously spoils the usability.

The original tablet style with shortcuts bottom left and task bar bottom right where they could be easily reached with a thumb while holding the tablet was so much better. The change affects the tablet usability so badly the device is unpleasant to use with the phone style layout and if there was anyway to change it back to the previous setup I would take it no matter if I had to balnak the tablet entirely and start over.

All the reviews I have seen simialrly remark on this massive downside to the update, any chances of a fix?

I can honestly say the usability is now so bad that had the tablet been sold with this setup I would not have purchased it, sadly I doubt a retailer is going to accept that as grounds for a refund or replacement with a unit that has not had the update applied.

Come on Sony you have managed to change one of the best abdroid tablets on the market into a inconvenient and unpleasent to use device in a single update. Did no one think to try the usability of this phone layout on a big screen tablet and think this may not be the greatest idea?

Please make a custom OS update to restore the previous layout, or as close to as you can get for the Z, it has ruined what used to be a good device.

1 REPLY 1
warsklar

There are many launchers you can download if you want.  I just put something called ilaucher which gives it the IOS 7 look.