Join now - be part of our community!

Z2 Tablet won't turn on, even with hour of charge. Help

JasonWithNoY
Visitor

Z2 Tablet won't turn on, even with hour of charge. Help

1. My Xperia Z2 tablet drained to zero percent. Was only able to charge it at home when I arrived. It's been charging for a whole hour and still no sign of anything. I've tried the power button + volume up yet still no response.
Tags (3)
10 REPLIES 10
profile.country.RO.title
_alexdon_
Expert

Make sure you charge it for about 3-4 hours and try the steps provided here:

http://userguide.sonymobile.com/referrer.php?region=us&product=xperia-z2-tablet-wifi#!Resetting-your...

alexdon
JasonWithNoY
Visitor

I'd try but it wont turn on in the first place. When I press Vol+ + Power button I don't get any vibrations. Thanks for replying btw

JasonWithNoY
Visitor

And I also don't have any status lights.

profile.country.RO.title
_alexdon_
Expert

You can contact xperia care here:

http://www.sonymobile.com/global-en/support/contact-us/

alexdon
vladutzmitrutz
Visitor

I see that you had the same problem that I am encountering ... I'm wondering if you found any solution to this problem .. I'm in the same situation .. My tablet won't respond to any button combinations .. hope you see my message Grinning_Face

JPN
Visitor

After the 6 weeks service time got the swap device.

Dismayed
Visitor

I bought this tablet with money left to me when my mum died. I researched and thought this tablet would be right for me? I am so disapointed to find that it won't turn on at all-won't even charge. When I first plug it in (Main charges not USB) the red light comes on then goes off. It has been on charge for 24 hours but nothing! what can be done? Over to you Sony.

Dismayed
Visitor

Why does the support not respond? Surely someone in Customer Support can have the decency to respond to my problem-or do you not care about your customers?

arbitra
Visitor

They will not respond because they will never never admit that this is a manufacturing fault with the Z2 the exact same happened to mine l was out of the country on business at the time sent it back to Sony they repaired it after 25 days lost all my data etc. Terrible service going to buy iPad now so by by Sony another customer lost plus my family and friends.lf they had shown some concern and kept me informed as to what was going on it could have been a different story after all the only problem was that it would not turn on .