Join now - be part of our community!

55NX810 Guide and Sound

profile.country.da_DK.title
Rock-Solid
Explorer

55NX810 Guide and Sound

Hi,

My KDL-55NX810 is getting signal from my Dnaish Cable TV provider Yousee.

My challenge is that when I switch to "Guide" to get an overview of the TV programs sound and picture dissappear. On my previous W4500 and D3000 models I would at least keep the sound.

W4500 will show the program "dimmed" behind the Guide text - but NX810 dont do any of that.

If I select the option to read info on one of the programs in the guide - then I get what I want. Picture "dimmed" and sound... To me it seems like a bug in the software for this TV - how do I go about requesting it to be fixed ?

Thanks

Rock-Solid - Denmark

4 REPLIES 4
Rock-Solid
Explorer

Still face problems with the above "Guide" issue - wonder if Sony will fix it in the software ?

Another problem I have is that the "Back" button doesnt work the way I beleve it should.

If I'm watchning channel 1 - then go to Channel 10 - then I would think pressing "Back" would zap me back to channel 1 - this doesnt happen..... Am I missing something ? Is there another key for that function ?

Thanks

profile.country.en_GB.title
Catmambo
Contributor

Hi

The way the guide is delivered is just different to the older displays rather than being faulty so I'm not aware of any plans to change the way its delivered.

Back button is for menu's and the IPTV functions (like back on a web browser) I don't think it works for channels. There used to be a button to fufill the feature you mention, but I think it was dropped on the 2010 remote.

thanks

jhertel
Visitor

I have exactly the same problem as you on my KDL-32EX500 - but only since yesterday!

Until yesterday, it very nicely displayed a small image of the current station in the upper left corner of the program guide. The sound was there too.

But since yesterday, this doesn't happen anymore! When I go to the program guide, the sound disappears and where there used to be a small image in the upper left, there is only a time and date now!

This is very annoying, as it used to work so nicely!

When I press the [i+] for further information on a program in the program guide, the image and sound comes back while displaying the further information. But when I go back to the program guide, image and sound disappears again.

The firmware is PKG4.092EUL-0108 and I suspect my TV of having done an automatic update yesterday, as an explanation of why this happened just yesterday. I have owned the tv for several months where it has worked perfectly. Until yesterday.

Sony, are you working on this?

(See also https://www.sony.dk/discussions/message/636249)

tomwmortensen
Visitor

Hi,

The same thing happened to my 40HX800 yesterday (April 7th)´connected to yousee (DK cable provider).

Had picture/sound in guide for months, then suddenly - pooof!

Firmware is PKG4.077EUT-0108.