Join now - be part of our community!

BBC HD and Bravia KDL 37EX503 w. Freeview HD

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
Pansho
Visitor

BBC HD and Bravia KDL 37EX503 w. Freeview HD

I have a Sony TV Bravia KDL 37EX503 Full HD, Internet LCD with Freeview HD. But I cannot get any HD channel. I wonder how can I get freeview channels like BBC HD and other. Any idea? Can someone help me please to find out how can get them? Thank you very much in advance. Cheers.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Testcard

The first thing is to check that you live in an area that receives Freeview HD. You can do this with the postcode checker at www.freeview.co.uk/HD.

The next thing is to go to Menu > Settings > Digital Set-up > Digital Auto Tuning and run auto tuning. Once this is complete, go to the programme guide and scroll down to Channel 50 which should be BBC1 HD; Channel 51 should be ITV1 HD, Channel 52 should be Channel 4 HD and Channel 54 should be BBC HD.

If you can't see any of these HD channels then it's possible you don't have Freeview HD in your area.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
Testcard

The first thing is to check that you live in an area that receives Freeview HD. You can do this with the postcode checker at www.freeview.co.uk/HD.

The next thing is to go to Menu > Settings > Digital Set-up > Digital Auto Tuning and run auto tuning. Once this is complete, go to the programme guide and scroll down to Channel 50 which should be BBC1 HD; Channel 51 should be ITV1 HD, Channel 52 should be Channel 4 HD and Channel 54 should be BBC HD.

If you can't see any of these HD channels then it's possible you don't have Freeview HD in your area.

profile.country.en_GB.title
noisysandersons
Visitor

I have 2 Sony Bravia LCD on is receiving HD the other isn't.

The 40CX520 was switched on Oct 2011 and unable to locate HD channels, despite Auto tuning several times.

The 32CX520 was switched on Dec 2011 and automatically picked up the HD channels, Both are through same ariel and served from the same booster. My post code is G41 3SP which freeview confirm is an HD area.

Can you suggest why this is the case?

Regards

Ewan Sanderson

profile.country.GB.title
copicke45

noisysandersons wrote:

I have 2 Sony Bravia LCD on is receiving HD the other isn't.

The 40CX520 was switched on Oct 2011 and unable to locate HD channels, despite Auto tuning several times.

The 32CX520 was switched on Dec 2011 and automatically picked up the HD channels, Both are through same ariel and served from the same booster. My post code is G41 3SP which freeview confirm is an HD area.

Can you suggest why this is the case?

Regards

Ewan Sanderson

Is the TV with no HD attached to a longer cable run?

Is the cable for the TV with no HD running near noisy equipment? (one well known example is HDMI leads, certain ones of which emit interference which can knock out weak signals).

Has the booster failed on one output?

Have you accidentally set the LNA setting to On on the working HD TV, but left it Off on the non-HD TV.