Join now - be part of our community!

BBC I player not connecting

SOLVED
JSIDNEY1974
Explorer

BBC I player not connecting

I have a Sony 3d Bravia TV 40". Ref - KDL40HX803U. I have purchased an internet connector as it is not a fully Internet TV but a part Internet TV. It comes with things like I player, demand 5 etc. in the last couple of days when trying to load I player. It states cannot connect to the server, please retry. Is it a problem with the TV or the I player. All the other internet options appear to work, Can anyone come up with a suggestion of how to fix this that would be greatly appreciated!!

I have a tablet not sony that the I player works on. However I want to fix it that it works on my TV.

Thanking anyone kindly in advance for any help they can give me.

Kind Regards

James Sidney
112 REPLIES 112
profile.country.en_GB.title
tweety2b
Ex Commander (Was always on)

Hi all,

To continue my updates: I was told the update to the firmware to fix this will be released somewhere next week.

Kindest regards,

Nico

Nico Henderijckx
(ex-Sony employee - fanboy forever)
JennyEn
Explorer

Oh brilliant news. Thanks very much for letting us know.
chrpreec
Explorer

Great news about the update, however we have lost 2 or 3 weeks of iPlayer. Shame the BBC and Sony couldn't sort thus out before iPlayer is updated.
JennyEn
Explorer

I hope they'll also give us help with how to do the update ...

Some of us are ok  and can do it if given clear instructions to follow ...

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi JennyEn

If the update doesnt happen automattically (ie over-night), all you need to do is:

1. Press the [HOME] button on the TVs remote control
  2. Scroll to "Settings" and press [OK] on remote control
  3. Scroll to "Product Support" and press [OK] on remote control
  4. Scroll to "System Update" and press [OK] on remote control
  5. Follow on-screen instructions.

Cheers

julia295
Explorer

Hi Julia

Tryed home button settings, product support etc still hasn't worked.
JennyEn
Explorer

Oh brilliant, thanks for that, that sounds really easy. I thought it would
be like a firmware update and you would have to download it to a flash
drive and then upload to the tv or something which is a bit scary.
ukzrnic
Explorer

I have had the same issue with my Bravia - Sony accept it is their problem and BBC has escalated the issue to them. But it has been down for several weeks now and only statements from Sony that they are "working on it". A drop out of this length is really unacceptable as I suspect many of us used iPlayer as a main purchase motive. Our Philips smart TV is fine, so I know it is the Sony. Perhaps we should gang up on Sony to make things happed?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi ukzmic

Have a look at the begining of this topic - 2nd post in.  There is a rundown on the updates from Sony, who have posted in this thread and a rough timescale for a fix to be implemented.

Cheers

ukzrnic
Explorer

Thanks.......saves staying up late for the footie!