Join now - be part of our community!

Bravia 503 still not working with latest update ?

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
robert6to
Visitor

Bravia 503 still not working with latest update ?

My Bravia TV 503 is still not connecting to BBCi Player with latest software update. Anyone else having same problem.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Catmambo
Contributor

Great your broadband has sped up - naturally will benefit all your connections!

Maybe just a wi-fi deadspot in the house, a colleague had a similar issue, so maybe return the dongle and go for homeplugs.

I use these ones - http://www.amazon.co.uk/Comtrend-Powerline-ethernet-adapter-Filter/dp/B001M06Y0M/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&... which I have found very good. Nice feature is you don't loose a power socket either.

Thanks

View solution in original post

17 REPLIES 17
profile.country.GB.title
julianbailey66
Explorer

I've got the same problem, since the firmware update, I've not been able to connect to any internet TV

Catmambo
Contributor

Have you tried resetting the TV under settings menu? You can basically force it to re-scan all the Internet channels.

profile.country.GB.title
julianbailey66
Explorer

Thanks eduzzel, but I have already tried resetting the internet tv channels, but it the screen doesn't change from the updating screen?

Catmambo
Contributor

Is it connecting to any other services?

profile.country.GB.title
julianbailey66
Explorer

I have a good wireless signal and can connect to my pc (although it struggles to access any data)!!

Catmambo
Contributor

Sorry, is it connecting to other BRAVIA Internet Video services?

robert6to
Visitor

No, not connecting to any other services. My USB dongle is being acknowledged, which I am wondering if it was a waste of money.!.     Engineer came and installed updated software at rear of TV and it connected, but signal not very good and kept dropping out.   I lost my broadband connection with o2 and they eventually replaced the Thomson Router and I managed to get signal back again-up to 1400 signal at one point, but only 700 today.   The new software has been updated as I have checked but cannot get BBCi Player or anything else through USB dongle.  I have tried leaving TV on overnight with router in the same room,but still no connection.   I am wondering if I should ring Engineer from where I purchased TV and then may have to buy Homeplugs?   Any help would be appreciated. 

Catmambo
Contributor

What kind of web speeds are you getting from your PC - www.speedtest.net ? You need an absolute minimum of 1mb to realistically get anything going on BRAVIA Internet Video..

Maybe just return the dongle an get a set of homeplugs instead?

robert6to
Visitor

Was getting under 1mb,but since taking matter up with o2 was-sometimes getting 1.4mb,which I thought would be enough to at least connect to BBCi Player even if it was dropping out. Anyway today I reset TV to factory settings as each time I tried to connect using WEP No of new router it then reverted back to WEP of old router. But still getting "router not found".     I was wondering whether to return dongle but thought I would try other avenues first.   Presumably only way I could increase my signal (we are 5km from tele.exchange) is to go cable or satellite.  I have otherwise been pleased with o2.  Thank you.