Join now - be part of our community!

Can't access Lovefilm on my Sony Bravia TV

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
historynut
Visitor

Can't access Lovefilm on my Sony Bravia TV

I have had my Sony Bravia TV for several years and we reularly stream Lovefilm movies to our TV without any real problem.

This morning I tried to access Lovefilm several times via the internet widget and it tried to load the Lovefilm homepage then failed. A message came up saying "there are no items in this service, please check again later".

I've tried refreshing and rebooting everything but I'm getting nowhere. All the other widgets: BBCiplayer, Demand 5 etc are working fine.

I've tried contacting Lovefilm by phone without success and the only option was to leave a message and they will call back within 24 hours.

Are any of you experiencing the same problem?

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

This has happened to me appoximately 3 times so far this year. Lovefilm is not at fault - its to do with the connection from the tv to SEN to lovefilm.  To resolve this

1 - Log into www.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com and remove the link to lovefilm in the premium services section. then log out.

2 - log into lovefilm.co.uk and delete the bravia tv from the devices section and then log out.

3 - log back into the sonyentertainmentnetwork website and reactivate the link to lovefilm. baring in mind a popup screen to lovefilm will popup.

once that has been done, ive normally had to wait until the next day for it to work normally, which it does.

you can press the option buttion on the remote, when you get that error message, choose categories and all the icons are then listed in the list.

good luck

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Catmambo
Contributor

Hi

No known issues as far as I know. Can you check you are running the latest firmware and then run a factory reset? Details on how to do this are in the Smart TV FAQ sticky on the front page.

Might be worth power cycling your modem as well, so just switch it off for 5 minutes and then turn it back on, so it has to reconnect with the ISP.

Thanks

Anonymous
Not applicable

This has happened to me appoximately 3 times so far this year. Lovefilm is not at fault - its to do with the connection from the tv to SEN to lovefilm.  To resolve this

1 - Log into www.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com and remove the link to lovefilm in the premium services section. then log out.

2 - log into lovefilm.co.uk and delete the bravia tv from the devices section and then log out.

3 - log back into the sonyentertainmentnetwork website and reactivate the link to lovefilm. baring in mind a popup screen to lovefilm will popup.

once that has been done, ive normally had to wait until the next day for it to work normally, which it does.

you can press the option buttion on the remote, when you get that error message, choose categories and all the icons are then listed in the list.

good luck

Gylens
Visitor

I'm having the same problem on my bravia, lovefilm is ok on my ipad, followed the advice, but still getting the message. Also tried turning everything off waiting 10min and switching everything on, one thing at a time. I've no idea where to go next?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

If following the instructions above, you may have to wait until tomorrow. What happens when you press the [Options] button on the remote control and choose "categories", are the categories displayed?

You can also try turning all your equipment off from the wall (including your router) leave for a couple of minutes and try again.

If its still not working tomorrow, please confirm the exact error message you are getting, as well as any other important information (ie, any other error messages when going through SEN etc)

Hope that helps.

looneybyrd
Visitor

Hi i have the same problem and it started on exactly the same day...

we were using lovefilm on our 2011 sony tv for about 6 months with no probs, in my boyfriends lovefilm account. then in february 2013 i linked my kindle to lovefilm not realising it would then change the account to my amazon one. Payment was due on 3rd march and when this day arrived lovefilm ceased to work. until we paid the bill outstanding. i found it was then in my amazon account to arranged payment and they said ti would all work fine within 24hours. This seemed to be the case...it showed the usual website detail with instant films etc on my laptop, and on the kindle as before but then the tv showed the error message instead of films "there are no items in this servic. please try again later". Since then i have emailed lovefilm numerous times, and done everyhting they suggested, deactivate the tv and kindle, reactivate just the tv....nothing, de register the tv...re register...link the lovefilm agian..nothing...its now a week later and im geting frustrated...we watch love film everynight and now cant use it even tho they have taken the payment....we have tried everything we can think of but nothing has worked.

lovefilm support have now stopped replying to my questions...i dont know what to do its like they have bust the tv...

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Have you followed the 3 steps above, and in that order too?

As I found when I have unlinked my TV via SEN, it still displays on the Lovefilm website as linked, so you need to unlink from there as well. The log into SEN (as in http://www.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com ) again and link it. When you log into SEN or link your TV, do you get any error messages?

cheers