Join now - be part of our community!

Connecting LapTop to Bravia via VGA

profile.country.en_GB.title
RatRoom
Visitor

Connecting LapTop to Bravia via VGA

I have a brand new KDL46EX713 onto which I wish to project my laptop for doing powerpoint presentations. I have connected the laptop (IBM Thinkpad) to the TV using a VGA and Audio cable as shown on the i-Manual (old laptop so has no HDMI option). However, the TV does not recognise this connection so does not allow the PC Option to be selected from the input menu. I have tried re-starting the Laptop and TV in various sequences to no avail. I have tried every monitor setting via the Fn+F7 Key on the Laptop, again with no result. I have two of these IBM Laptops (an R60 and T41) and have tried with each with no luck.

Can anyone suggest what is wrong? I have never connected a Laptop to a PC like this before, so am at a bit of a loss. I have my TV connected to my Sony BDVE870 that in turn connects to my Dell Desktop via DLAN and this all works perfectly…but getting the IBM Laptops to project is proving to be a whole other problem! PS: Unfortunately I cannot use WiFi in my home so please don’t suggest this as an option! I am hyper sensitive to it and it makes my brain feel like it’s being cooked, hence why I had to do away with it all and now use DLAN for networking throughout the house. Works really well but pity I can’t use any new wireless technology.

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.en_GB.title
Catmambo
Contributor

Have you updated the graphics drivers on your laptop? You are doing everything right - nothing obvious jumping out as being an issue..

profile.country.en_IE.title
Sugarcake
New

I have just fixed the same prob on my bravia this am. You have to go to settings and av preset and choose always on the pc icon...it's probably set at auto.