Join now - be part of our community!

Disgusting customer support

profile.country.en_GB.title
Snozzle65
Visitor

Disgusting customer support

Have a three year old Bravia KDL-40S2010 which keeps switching itself off!!! Payed £700.  Sony refuse too fix regardless that UK: Faulty goods and the Sale of Goods Act 1979  covers this product.  Are Sony above or outside Uk law? Have been loyal Sony customer for over twenty years!!! All my freinds & family will never buy your product again.  Deeply deeply disappointed by experience.  Sad

2 REPLIES 2
Catmambo
Contributor

Hi Snozzle65

Sorry to hear you are having problems with your TV.

The Sale of Goods act refers to the contract that exists between the store from whom you bought the TV and youself as opposed to the manufacturer and yourself. So if you are looking to pursue this course, I would recommend contacting your retailer who may be able to assist further.

In terms of getting the issue diagnosed - has it been examined by one of the Sony repair centres yet? There may be a simple fix for it.

Thanks

Snozzle65
Visitor

I have spoken too Sony support re this matter.  The sony rep to whom I spoke was rude and nasty.  She offered no help or sympathy.  She just told me I had a 1 year guarantee and that was finished.  I registered this Tv with Sony when I first bought yet all my registration details where not available or lost when I have a problem!!! I managed too talk to the dealer where I purchased Tv - bought in Southwest Eng I know live in Northwest... Unless I can get 231km or 144 miles to them then I can't get fixed!!!  I have looked for the nearest service centre.2 myself and because I don't own a car and have very little money right now - might as well be on MARS.  You know the irony of it all is that I saved hard too go with SONY branding in order that this did not happen.  My parents still own a SONY trinatron portable tv which is nearly 30-35 years old and still perfect.  Anyways thanks for taking the time and considering my plight Snozzz