Join now - be part of our community!

How can I stream internet TV from pc to my Bravia TV when there is no SONY internet TV widget?

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
ekim64
Visitor

How can I stream internet TV from pc to my Bravia TV when there is no SONY internet TV widget?

I have the following  hardware

TV -Bravia  46KDL 703  + UWABR100 USB Network Adapter wifi

Router -Talk-Talk Huawei EchoLife HG520b

PC - Vaio desktop pc connected by cable to the router

Bravai Internet TV works and is fantastic for  BBC iplayer!!! well done sony/bbc

I now want to get RTE international player ( Irish Television)  on my TV , can I do this with my current hardware configuration.

Could someone please guide me as to what I need to do so I can stream  from my pc to the TV via the wifi network adapter.

Is this possible?

What streaming software must I install on my pc ?

How do I configure the pc and the router?

Thank you in advance

Message was edited by: ekim64

Tags (4)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Catmambo
Contributor

At the moment, RTE isn't offered as an integrated service on BRAVIA, so the only way would be to play it back on your PC and connect your PC with a VGA lead or HDMI lead directly to the TV.

thanks

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Catmambo
Contributor

At the moment, RTE isn't offered as an integrated service on BRAVIA, so the only way would be to play it back on your PC and connect your PC with a VGA lead or HDMI lead directly to the TV.

thanks

ekim64
Visitor

Thank You...at least you say at the moment..so it sounds that it may be available in the future.  Lets hope both RTE and Sony realise that they have an adudience of 34 million in the USA with Irish ancestry alone.

I have read that RTE international player is available on PS3...I just hope it is ported soon to sony internet TV.

Anyway I am still impressed with Sony Bravia internet TV and BBC iplayer the quality is just fantastic and technophobe like myself got it up and running in minutes.