Join now - be part of our community!

How do I connect my PC to my Bravia TV

profile.country.en_GB.title
annangers
New

How do I connect my PC to my Bravia TV

How do I connect my Bravia to my PC?

I have already got a WIFI connection working but I am unable to connect my PC through the WIFI connection .

Please help.

14 REPLIES 14
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi annangers and welcome.

If you want to share movies, music and photos across a wireless network, you need to install Server software on your PC.  Have a look at the Sony Homestream free software available here: -

http://www.sony.co.uk/hub/1237485339460

If you want to see the computers desktop, you will need to connect with a VGA cable.

:thinking:

profile.country.da_DK.title
sea03shore
Visitor

Hi

I also want to connect my pc to my kdl 46ex653(.with built in wifi) to my computer as I watch bbc iplayer. I bought this model as I thought I would be able to connect without cables. I already have an older set but this is only wifi ready so I connnect to my pc via hdmi cable.. Have I wasted my money?

mactav
New

Just bought a sony 55W829B smart TV, and i want to know how i can browse the internet from my tv..I have wifi connection which the tv as picked up...I want to get google on the tv ......HOW...

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

If you just want to use Google on the TV, you can use the TVs inbuilt browser.  This works for simple things.  However the TVs inbuild browser can be a little restrictive.  There are two ways to connect your PC to your TV, and display what is on the PC.

Option 1:

The most simplest solution is to use a HDMI cable, to connect the two, then simply change the input source on the TV to the correct HDMI port.

Option 2:

If you have Windows 8.1 AND an Intel Network card that supports Miracast, and Intel graphics display, you can use the screen mirroring function of Windows 8.1 to wirelessly display what is on your PC to the TV.  However in real world use, this can be fidelly, and hit-and-miss.

Wifi Direct is where you specifically 'throw' media content from a device such as a PC/Smartphone/Tablet to the TV.  It will not Mirror the screen on your PC.

Cheers

mike222x
New

How do I connect my computer to my sony bravia tv wirelessly
Caspar34
New

I do not have a mobile phone but my Sony Vaio I think is an Adroid TV. Is that correct? I can only get HD Channels successfully other Channels either do not work or break-up continually.

It is Sony Vaio Tap 20" All-in-one Touchscreen Tablet PC 6GB Core i5 1TB SVJ2021V1EWI

bryandye
New

I PURCHASE SONY SMART LED TV LAST YEAR AND I SEEK YOUR HELP TO CONNECT MY CPU TO MY SONY BRAVIA

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

If you have a HDMI Out connection on your PC, connect a HDMI cable between that and the TV, snd then select the correct HDMI Input on the TV.  If you do not hsve a HDMI Out, more information is required on what connections you have on your PC.  Model of the TV would also help.

Cheers