Join now - be part of our community!

KDL-40EX655 not updating to PKG1.504EUA

profile.country.en_GB.title
renatas88
Visitor

KDL-40EX655 not updating to PKG1.504EUA

Hello
My Bravia KDL-40EX655 is not renewing the program (PKG1.504EUA). Downloaded files are starting to updating and stuck.
PIC OFF / TIMER indicator slowly flashing 4-5 times. Then turns the STANDBY indicator flashes 8 times. Pause abaut 30s and wire flashes 8 times. Turn on the TV, it slows down, will not open the menu, guide, sen... disappears sound. automatically reboots. Please update but not updated. I tried with usb and internet (Wifi). I do not know what to do.

I'm sorry for my english language, it is imperfect.

Renatas

3 REPLIES 3
renatas88
Visitor

What do the Sony Television Blinking Codes mean?

Bravia55HX

Hi,

you posted two separate questions above, firstly while the tv is updating you must not touch either the tv or the remote and must wait until the process is complete, it will tell you this when done and return itself to the viewing channel. if something has gone wrong for example you tried to change channel or turn it on and off during the process then im not sure what you can do other than contact sony support.

the blinking codes as you put it is simply telling you a sequence of flashes which you notify to your local sony authorised repair centre, these flashes usually the red led will flash a certain number of times then pause then repeat the number again, this does not nesessarily tell the user whats wrong but a repair tech will know where the fault lies.

hope that helps.

renatas88
Visitor

Hello
Since feel your dentistry program update, even though I do everything as described. I decided to take a after-sales service. Maybe the problem is elsewhere.
Just would like to know what it means this
Blinking Code (8 time). Tv model is KDL-40EX655BAEP.Purchased in Lithuania Serial No 5009599.

Thanks for the help