Join now - be part of our community!

KDL-55W815b Netflix missing???

Ralietv
Explorer

KDL-55W815b Netflix missing???

Hi!

Can someone please help me with finding a way to enable Netflix app on my TV. I checked the full apps list but it is not there (the TV was set for Bulgaria country/region).

I changed the country/region to UK but still I do not see Netflix in the apps list.

Is there a way to enable it. Do I have to link an account or something else to make it available in the list???

Thanks in advance!

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

If you simply changed the language in the settings, I would advice you doing a full factory reset instead to be honest.  Also ensure you have a UK IP Address too.  See how that goes.

Cheers

Ralietv
Explorer

Thanks for the reply, Quinnicus!

I did not just change the language - I did the initial setup procedure again with changing the country to UK and searching again for all TV programs and internet survices but no luck...

By the way I am using an USA IP address - the Netflix account I have is an USA one and I have USA DNS - it works just fine with my Samsung Blu-ray player and I am sure it will work with Sony TV too  - I only need to make the Netflix app appear in the apps list...

Ralietv
Explorer

I tried many things but still can not see the Netflix app in the list...

I need to clear something - do I need to have an UK IP/DNS to make it show or I need UK IP only to make it work and it should appear in the list generally and I have to do something else to make it appear...

I am also trying to find a way to link an account but looks like for this TV model there is no way to do it... Nothing in the menu about this...

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

I think you are trying to run before you can walk on this - to coin an analogy.  I think for purely troubleshooting purposes is to ensure that you can get Netflix app to appear and work as per designed AND then once you do that, then faff about with getting it to work using US.

First thing is first:

• Ensure that you have the latest firmware installed
  • Factory reset the TV - simply to clear everything.
  • Setup the TV to UK standards (including IP Address, DNS etc).

Once you have confirmed this, Netflix should then appear.

In regards to using services such as Unblock.us - this is simply a DNS change on the TV.

Hope this helps.