Join now - be part of our community!

kdl50w829 w6 vesa adapter????????????????

SOLVED
Munton1
New

kdl50w829 w6 vesa adapter????????????????

Hi

Im new to all this messaging but really need some help finding an adapter for my KDL50W829 so i can fit it to a wall mount with  tilt and side to side adustment?

Have been in touch with sony uk but they are as much use as a fart in a lift.

They say there not avalable till may????????/

Has anyone got any info where i could get one from?

There are a few after market ones online but i know if i fit one and it falls off or goes wrong sony will only say i didnt fit correct adapter?

Really dont want to return this tv as well impressed with it but if i carnt have it on this mount i have no choice as my 2 year old will smash it up like my last one 😞

carnt belive sony can still sell these tvs without adapters to suit?? 

---

Edited - Profanity removed

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

I can only sympathise with you on this issue.  I have had a search around and cannot find another product/bracket on the market as of yet.  Unfortunately you may just have to find a work-around setup (ie tabletop stand instead of wall mounting it) until the bracket becomes available.

Cheers

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

I can only sympathise with you on this issue.  I have had a search around and cannot find another product/bracket on the market as of yet.  Unfortunately you may just have to find a work-around setup (ie tabletop stand instead of wall mounting it) until the bracket becomes available.

Cheers

profile.country.GB.title
glospete

The solution is this (in the absence of the Sony kit). It is made by Vogels and consists of a set of bolts and spacers which hold the VESA bracket away from the TV.

Vogels W6:7:8 sertvice kit - AV4Home.png

It works perfectly and now my KDL-50W815 sits on its Zental stand. It is sold by 

http://www.av4home.co.uk/blog/guides/wall-mounting-a-new-sony-kdl-w6-series-tv/

The guide to fitting itis here

Click here to view this PDF

Craig47
New

Hi,

I'm taking delivery of a  kdl50w829 and the back of it looks identical to your TV. Just wondering what screws/bolts you have to remove to fit the new spacer bolts. Thanks.

profile.country.GB.title
glospete

If you donwload the instructions (link given on my previous post) it will become absolutely clear. There are just 4 bolts to remove and replace with those supplied. I am really pleased with this item - and Sony have never conatcted me (which they said they would) to advise availability of the Sony item which is horribly large. 

Craig47
New

Ok thanks have had a closer look now and decided to buy the kit with a suigtable bracket. I'm still waiting to hear from Sony as well.... thanks for your help!!