Join now - be part of our community!

Netflix Update Issue - KDL-42W829B

SOLVED
munkian

Netflix Update Issue - KDL-42W829B

Hi Guys

I got a new KDL-42W829B yesterday, set it all up fine, everything working.

Today Netflix app isn't working - TV says update required, I click to get update then says no new version avaliable

its then stuck in this loop

Other online apps are fine, firmware is up to date (downloaded to USB) Tv said its same version

Reset to factory settings, still no joy

Does anyone have any ideas ?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
vblease
Explorer

FYI - It's now working for us. There was a message prompting to reactivate Netflix, all worked as normal after that.

View solution in original post

54 REPLIES 54
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello all

Just so that everyone is aware - there is an issue with Netflix on many 2014 TV's in regards to an "update" message.  The problem has been reported to Sony.  They are also aware of the issue and are investigating the problem.

Please continue to click the "Me Too" button at the top, as this gives an indication on how many are effected.

Any updates that I receive, Ill update this thead/post.

Thank you all for your continued patience.

Cheers.

munkian

I think 'refreshing interent content' is what caused the issue in the 1st place

And yup, thats the version I donwloaded from Sony website

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok, Switch TV off from the powerpoint for approx 60 seconds and switch on again. 

Im assuming that you have been trying to do the update via USB - Can you do the update via the TV over your network by following the instructions : HERE

Cheers

munkian

Done both -same issue - 

Click Netflix

'Your Sony Bravia TV needs a system update in order to receive more new and exciting content'

Clikc 'Update now'

Download software

Newer version  not detected

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for that munkian. 

I have noticed that someone may also be having the same issue in the "Netflix Not Working" thread.  Just waiting for confirmation really - however its looking likely that there may be a problem - If so, ill escalate this thread to Sony.

Cheers

acpatto
Explorer

I have the same problem and contacted Sony this morning. I was advised there was a software issue which has just become apparent after the May 13 update. They are apparently working on a fix. In the meantime I received an e mail asking for various addresses from my TV's to get the matter escalated.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you acpatto

I have reported this thread to Sony - Any updates recieved, Ill update this thread.

Out of curiosity, what model TV do you have?

Cheers

acpatto
Explorer

I will do likewise.

I have the KD-65X9005B and KDL-50W829B. I have this problem on them both and they have the latest update installed.

I have just checked my third set and found I can access Netflix on that one (don't have the model handy) and that it doesn't have the latest update yet installed. 

Sounds like a clear issue with the May 14 software update.

NikoRask
Explorer

Hi!

I have the same problem, yesterday it was working just fine and now it says i need to update the content,but when i do there just isn't content to download and i have the 

KDL-48W605B model of the TV.. so please as soon as someone gets answers, share them..