Join now - be part of our community!

Should my TV start sounding 'tinny' after 2 years?

profile.country.GB.title
missmaz
Explorer

Should my TV start sounding 'tinny' after 2 years?

Should my TV start sounding 'tinny' after only 2 years? It is intermittently - mainly notice it in the evening or mid morning.

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there, unfortunately you have not given much to go on, as in model number, etc. So im going to generalise here from my personal viewpoint.

I find all the modern LCD/LED TV's sound tinny and flat. Thats why I purchased an AV Receiver and speakers. However my parents dont hear anything wrong. Personally, I think it comes down to personal preferences from your requirements, as well as what you are used to, or what you can get used to.

Now you said that you have noticed a change in sounds on your tv. Get someone else to hear your TV too (if you can), just to check that its not your hearing (you never know. I have just got my first pair of glasses, for reading and watching tv, as I found watching TV a bit blurry, but know that its not the TV)

If you are still confident that its your TV, try altering the treble and bass settings on the TV. Failing that, it may need to be repaired or at least looked at via an authorised Sony repair centre.

Hope that helps you.

profile.country.GB.title
missmaz
Explorer

Hi the model is KDL-40BX400. I will try out the suggestions you made and see from there. Unfortunately I didn't take out an extended warranty as I thought a Sony brand would last a few years.... I'll have to weight the pros & cons of calling out a Sony engineer.

profile.country.en_GB.title
Bravia55HX

Hi,

i had one of these on loan and for its perpose sounded fine, have you recently moved the tv, maybe changed its location etc ?, this may have impacted the sound quality, but as quinnicus said usually adjusting the bass and treble works, sadly as above, for most of us the tv speakers alone are barely adequate, i too use a home cinema set up mainly to get the best out of my movie collection.