Join now - be part of our community!

Sky compatible problem

SOLVED
Stephen12
Explorer

Sky compatible problem

KDL-42W705B, I've just got a Sky HD box, and when connected with a hdmi lead I had no picture control, when I turned off Bravia sync, I had picture settings back, but no auto device switching. Also on the Sky box when I switch the RF socket on it goes back to off, the same happens with the hdmi control. This seems to be a compatible fault between Sky & Sony which I hope they find a fix for soon.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Yes its been noticed on these forums that the incompatibilty on the Bravia Sync and Skys recently implementation of Control for HDMI....  Unfortunately each one would blame the other.  At the end of the day, Sony will say that they cannot guarrantee other branded devices using Bravia Sync.  So its best to switch it off on the Sky Box.  You can program your Sky remote control to work with the TV though.

See this link:

http://help.sky.com/articles/program-your-sky-remote-to-control-your-tv

Cheers

PS: I know it doesnt help auto device switching.....

View solution in original post

Stephen12
Explorer

Thank you for the reply, I have just found out that I was pressing the select button on the Sky box , it should have been the green button, so I can now turn off hdmi control, and switch on the RF socket. I have turned Bravia sync control back on, and still get picture control when on Sky, the hdmi fix does the same as switching Bravia sync off.

Many thanks for your help.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Yes its been noticed on these forums that the incompatibilty on the Bravia Sync and Skys recently implementation of Control for HDMI....  Unfortunately each one would blame the other.  At the end of the day, Sony will say that they cannot guarrantee other branded devices using Bravia Sync.  So its best to switch it off on the Sky Box.  You can program your Sky remote control to work with the TV though.

See this link:

http://help.sky.com/articles/program-your-sky-remote-to-control-your-tv

Cheers

PS: I know it doesnt help auto device switching.....

Stephen12
Explorer

Thank you for the reply, I have just found out that I was pressing the select button on the Sky box , it should have been the green button, so I can now turn off hdmi control, and switch on the RF socket. I have turned Bravia sync control back on, and still get picture control when on Sky, the hdmi fix does the same as switching Bravia sync off.

Many thanks for your help.