Join now - be part of our community!

Sony Bravia 32W795B youtube & bluetooh

AK47_P226
Explorer

Sony Bravia 32W795B youtube & bluetooh

Hello,

I'm very upset with this product. At the begining it was working fine, but then after an firmware uptdate it's working like shift+delete. Maybe it's just coincidence, maybe it's just google's fault.  Youtube app on tv doesnt work with youtube app on smartphone Sony xperia m2 (also with sony update issues - the well known Notes app that dissapeard after a sony update. Great support from Sony. Life is a beach. I dont pronounce beach that good since english is not my mother tongue.

I saw the topic regarding 2012 tvs but mine is a 2014 product (still, at least for now).

Another observation: Bluetooth doesnt find nothing to pair with a lot of working bluetooth phones arround. It seems that it was dissabled with that firmware update. As an unhappy customer i lost money and time just to find that it's not possible to downgrade the firmare. It was set ON to make updates by itself. Too late to correct that now. It's got a "better version".

So what's the question? Is this model Bravia 32W705 part of those sets for wich youtube will not work anymore?  I just wrote for support, withount great expectations. Will there be a solution? It's google fault, it's sony or both? Youtube app also gets updates. I made a rest for the phone (also for the tv), it doesn't work. Period. Who's to blame? 

5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Is your problem the same or similar to this:

http://community.sony.co.uk/t5/televisions/android-youtube-app-cast-icon-not-appearing/td-p/1886811

In regards to bluetooth on the TV - you cannot pair anything with it except a bluetooth mouse.  Simply use Wifi direct or NFC to connect a mobile wirelessly to the TV.

YouTube will not be discontinued on your TV, as announced recently.  Only 2010/2011 devices. 

Cheers

AK47_P226
Explorer

Hello,

It's exactly the same problem as described in the link provided. Thank you for your reply and for the link. It helped me not to think that pairing a tv with a smartphone it's far more complicated than breaking NASA's servers. 

I'm glad to hear that youtube wiil not be discontinued. For now i had enough with this device, probably i'll have to change remote batteries. Now i'm using a hdmi cable, i turned off the updates for the tv. I don't want to receive any other update from sony for any of my products with this brand. It's not the end of the world if sony or youtube wouldn't make team in the future. The problem is when you get updates that actually downgrade your device without knowing. Maybe it's sony's customer care plan, to determine their buyers to break their products as a stress relief action. Probably sony thinks is more entertaining, rather than using TV and phones for a classic meaning of entertaining. What to expect from sony and their next updates? A black and white image with no sound and 16 frames/s. I'm assuming my fault for buying a sony not so smart tv. I consider this bravia on my losses. If It helps i can send this tv to those who made that update, to stick this 32" tv in theit assests. I hope they don't mind it's only a 32" display. If ain't broke don't fix it with your updates! This is my polite and diplomatic speech regarding this experience. Anyway if you have enemies buy them a sony as a trojan horse. It's a greek ghift, it's the ultimate trojan horse nowadays. Chapter one is closed.

Caveat emptor!

AK47_P226
Explorer

Still not working. SWEET!!!!! DUDE. What does mine say? 

Anonymous
Not applicable

R U High?

Either way, Sony is still investigation the YouTube casting issue.

Cheers

AK47_P226
Explorer

Reading the other topic regarding the same cast problem, after another full reset (tv, phone, app), passwords and so on...I lost my patience and I throwed my xperia smartphone. It was more than just a crush test. Now it's a better world with one less garbage (same s#ift updates that delete note app + poor quality screen glass + that noisy camera). What a waste of time, money and nerves! What a terrible experience, make belive!

PROBLEM SOLVED, it was so simple. Bye, Bye