Join now - be part of our community!

sony bravia kdl-40u3000

profile.country.en_GB.title
123harry123
Visitor

sony bravia kdl-40u3000

Hi

Please can someone help,I am trying to connect my hd media player through hdmi,keeps saying out of range,tried connecting to an older bravia model same problem,hdmi ports work fine with dvd,xbox 360 and sky hd box. the hd media player works fine through the 3 x rca (yellow red white)cable. Tried through hdmi on a diffrent brand works fine, please help Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3
drhowells
New

Hi, the reason this message normally appears is if the device is trying to display at a resolution that the TV cannot cope with. Looking at the specs, it seems that the only resolution the TV does not display is 1080p. Is it possible that this is the default resolution that your media player is trying to display at? Can you reconnect it to one of the other tv's that did work and go into the settings of the media player and drop it down to 1080i at least?

123harry123
Visitor

Hi

Thanks for the reply,I will try setting the resolution on another tv tonite after work and let you know how i get on.Thanks

123harry123
Visitor

Hi

Just got home, conected the media player to another tv knocked the resolution down to 720i conected the media player to bravia still not working, same problem saying out of range.