Join now - be part of our community!

sony bravia kdl-46-ex-723 screen failure

profile.country.en_GB.title
mlogan74
New

sony bravia kdl-46-ex-723 screen failure

why do sony say their screens boast a 5 year life then when one fails after 16 months they don want to know ?

4 REPLIES 4
Bravia55HX

Hi,

i think you got the first bit wrong, they dont boast a five year life its much more than that, they are however happy to put a five year warranty on them, and in any event warranty or not even after 16 months you still have rights, you just need to go about it the right way, the link below may help.

http://www.which.co.uk/consumer-rights/sale-of-goods/understanding-the-sale-of-goods-act/your-rights...

scorpio2
Visitor

Hi, hope you don't mind me contacting you this way as i couldn't see how to post a question on main forum?

I have a Bravia KDL-46HX853 which we had delivered this last monday. Its been working fine all set up with no issues.

Tonight a red dotted verticle line to the centre left side of screen and like a white horizontal line halfway up screen.

I bought it from the local Sony centre so will go see them tomorrow but if it turns out as i suspect to be a screen fault should i be right in expecting another unit? bearing in mind we have only had this home 4 days,

Thanks in advance

Bravia55HX

Hi,

you should be able to exchange this tv without question, contact the dealer straight away and let them know its faulty and you would like a replacement sorted.

profile.country.GB.title
gunnerjohn
New

someone please where can i find a replacement screen for sony bravia kdl-46-ex-723 ?