Join now - be part of our community!

SONY BRAVIA KDL37EX723 Pause and Record problem

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
tony599
Visitor

SONY BRAVIA KDL37EX723 Pause and Record problem

On my my SONY  BRAVIA KDL37EX723, the USB HDD is set up and records a  running program using the red button  okay and I can play this and other  recordings back via the Recorded  Titles menu okay.

But, despite much reading and trying I cannot fathom out how to pause Live TV. Tried every likely button on the remote  (obviously the ones on the top two rows but I think these are really for  AV playback) and checked the i-Manual but no joy. Also, there's no visible or menu  option I can see on the Programme Guide despite the explanation on the  i-Manual on how to record the currently selected upcoming program.

It would also be  nice to have a guide to each button on the remote but Sony don't seem to  supply that, just describing a few selected ones.

Does anyone know how to pause live TV and also set up a timed recording please?

Otherwise the TV is great and a very good picture.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Catmambo
Contributor

Don't think you can pause live tv using the memory stick as a cache in effect. The pvr functionality for now is pretty simple although hopefully will become more advanced over time..

Thanks

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
tony599
Visitor

Okay, so I've found the sub-menu via Options to start recording an upcoming program and that works fine except for the annoying extended on-screen warning it's going to happen - I know that already!

But no luck at all pausing a live program.

Has anyone out there got an EX723 that knows the answer please? Or Sony if you are around? The spec says it IS a feature.

Message was edited by: tony599

profile.country.it_IT.title
filbet
New

Have you got any luck with pausing live TV?

I have the same problem.

Also do you know if it is possible to record on a Memory stick rather than a HD?

Cheers,

FB

profile.country.GB.title
65hx923_cust11
New

If you manage to find a solution do please post it here. I have a 65HX923 and it does not pause TV either. I had not tried it because I do not have a need for that feature but after reading here I tried it and it did not work. The i-manual was not very helpful either. Have you tried using a non registered disk with FAT file system in the recording USB port? I do not know if that will work but it is worth a try.

Let’s hope that one of the Sony guys will jump in and provide a solution.

Catmambo
Contributor

Don't think you can pause live tv using the memory stick as a cache in effect. The pvr functionality for now is pretty simple although hopefully will become more advanced over time..

Thanks

Bravia55HX

the second part was a separate question, the question was-  Also do you know if it is possible to record on a Memory stick rather than a HD?, nowt to do with pausing!,

besides if you want simplicity a TiVo box is a far better option and less hassle.

profile.country.GB.title
65hx923_cust11
New

Does this mean that pausing live TV is not functional yet?

drhowells
New

sony_cust11 wrote:

That's a very leading question.... It's not that it isn't functional yet, it has never claimed to be able to do it. You can record programs, but no literature I have ever seen has said that you can pause live TV.

profile.country.GB.title
65hx923_cust11
New

drhowells wrote:

sony_cust11 wrote:

That's a very leading question.... It's not that it isn't functional yet, it has never claimed to be able to do it. You can record programs, but no literature I have ever seen has said that you can pause live TV.

My bad, I think that I read in some of the posts here that indeed it was an advertised feature. I know that some reviews did claim this timeshift, pausing, rewind live TV as well as in some retailers website. Catmambo said that one cannot pause TV to an usb stick not that pausing live TV was not a feature, hence my previous quetion. As I said before this is not a feature that I am interested in nor will be in the future either.

Insoft
New

Any Android TV that can record a program can also pause live TV.

The way it works is this, you first start recording the program you are watching, then you goto your title list and select the program that is currently recording, in effect playing what you are currently recording.

As you are playing a recorded program that is still being recorded you will find that you can pause it and then resume at any time you like, after he program has ended you simply delete the recorded program or keep it.