Join now - be part of our community!

Streaming to Bravia TV - problems

profile.country.en_GB.title
Latens
Visitor

Streaming to Bravia TV - problems

I am experiencing problems with my Bravia TV in playing Internet content. I have connected the TV to the router using the Sony USB Wireless Lan Adaptor but I am not getting a consistent stream.my current Service Provider is committed to delivering up to 20Mb/s but the stream can vary. Nevertheless, I believe I am regularly getting 5Mb/s in the room where the TV is sited.

I am about to change Service Provder to one which is promising 50Mb/s into the house and 802.11n WiFi but I am still unsure whether this will resolve my problem with accessing iPlayer whenever I want. I do not want to run 20 yards of co-ax from the router to the back of Bravia, if I can avoid it! I am hoping to crack this with WiFi if possible.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.GB.title
oddie2004
Explorer

All the comments I've seen about the Sony Wireless adaptor is that its pretty much useless unless your router is in the same room. Also wireless connections are prone to interference from other wireless networks and other appliances.

We personally ran in another 30m Cat 5e cable from the BT HH2 downstairs, no problems streaming, only with Qriocity which was an issue with them as I can stream Lovefilm and HD BBC Iplayer with no problem.