Join now - be part of our community!

Vaio to Bravia link using jacks?

profile.country.en_GB.title
bofindl
Visitor

Vaio to Bravia link using jacks?

My Sony KDL46X2000 TV has only 2 htmi ports which have been used for Sky HD and Vaio PC. I have just installed a Sony Blueray/Internet DVD player and want to connect that with HTMI and use the component video jacks for the PC/TV link where quality is less important.

The PC works on HTMI but no screen appears on any AV channel when CV jacks are used instead. The cables are fine (tested through DVD player which works OK with them).

What's the secret for connecting a Vaio to a TV with jackplugs?

3 REPLIES 3
Catmambo
Contributor

For the sake of a few quid and a big drop in quality, you could get an HDMI switcher?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/qid=1289315903/ref=a9_sc_1?ie=UTF8&search-alias=electronics&field-keywords...

Thanks

bofindl
Visitor

Thanks eduzzel, helpful link. But I am told splitter/switch hurts HTMI quality hard. The component jacks should work OK from the PC according to the Vaio user manual but it doesn't say how to troubleshoot them. For now, I have used the jack connectors from DVD to Bravia, which may give better quality than using a switch.

But it seems like fitting the telescopic sight to the handgun rather than the rifle. Is there no one in Sony who knows how to get a screen connection from the Vaio using its supplied jacks?

Catmambo
Contributor

Never heard of switches dropping in quality - we use them at trade shows all the time without issue. Mindful its just a digital feed of 0's and 1's its either going to work or not work.

thanks