Join now - be part of our community!

Will the Bravia 32" TV only go to Standby rather than turn off fully

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
wilton1968
Visitor

Will the Bravia 32" TV only go to Standby rather than turn off fully

My in-laws have a Bravia 32" TV (unfortunately I don't have the full model number) which they have had for about 1 year.  When they turns the set off it will only go to standby rather than actually switching off fully so the set is on 24 hours a day.  As my in-laws are elderly I am rather worried as the socket is behind the TV and isn't easily accessible without pulling the TV stand away from the wall which they are unable to do themselves.  I have tried turning it off myself from the side of the TV set but, like them, this will only put the TV into standby.

Does anyone know if it is possible to turn the set off fully or is it designed only to go into Standby mode if still switched on at the wall.

If anyone can help or requires the model number I may be able to get this from my father-in-law

Many thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Bravia55HX

Hi,

many people are very critical these days about energy consumption but on a lot of these newer tv's on standby  consume less then 0.25 of a watt  so not really a concern, however what you could do if they feel happier with the set totally off would be to fit a short extension lead with switchable sockets and have that to the side of the tv so they may switch it off from there.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Bravia55HX

Hi,

many people are very critical these days about energy consumption but on a lot of these newer tv's on standby  consume less then 0.25 of a watt  so not really a concern, however what you could do if they feel happier with the set totally off would be to fit a short extension lead with switchable sockets and have that to the side of the tv so they may switch it off from there.