Join now - be part of our community!

1080P HDR what Sony did right......eventually.

profile.country.GB.title
Gilgameshuk
Contributor

1080P HDR what Sony did right......eventually.

I have been critical as of late with what Sony Xperia has been doing wrong, and so with a sense of balance it is only fair I mention what they are doing right.

Remember once I said that the initial release 1080p HDR stabilisation did not work but only worked in normal 1080p?

So here is the progression since the first to the latest firmware.

Question is will they sort out 4k in the same way?

Massive progress since the initial release!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oIQO4pq9feI

Gilgamesh the first ONE and ONLY King
6 REPLIES 6
profile.country.GB.title
Gilgameshuk
Contributor

Again this could prove that the 4K stability issue is a SOFTWARE problem, so if they can fix 1080p HDR

then why not fix 4k?

profile.country.GB.title
Gilgameshuk
Contributor

edited

profile.country.GB.title
Jon.Hidden-Coley

Edited

profile.country.GB.title
Gilgameshuk
Contributor

Actually the footage is STILL choppy on the original footage

Just admit, on the intitial firmware release Sony got it WRONG!

There is no harm in that, as then Sony can Improve!

On EVERY single judgement I do, i ALWAYS release the footage straight from the phone in its RAW form in order to provide transparency, there are too many biased channels making Sony look bad , when the opposite is true, they are great camer wise, just clueless on how ti impliment that on a phone, at the moment.

As you can see even in the RAW and edited footage, the Dubai shots are bouncy,juddery and choppy.

Please examine the below RAW footage and examine the dates posted

Dubai

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q2XHlxMb7mM

Morley

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dRZ6a6FUcAI&t=34s

On another matter, I apologise for jumping to conclusions Slightly_smiling_Face Not afraid to apologise for my mistakes

Update and link to this version has been made30fps.jpg

profile.country.GB.title
Jon.Hidden-Coley

No worries. The written word can be interpreted in different ways. We've all sent or received a text which has been taken the wrong way! Perhaps I wrote my comment in the wrong tone.

I will say though that the playback of your original 2 videos is a lot smoother than the video you uploaded earlier, so that confirms it was down to the frame rate issue as you said, but I agree that footage can be a tad choppy on the Xperia 1 especially when panning.

profile.country.GB.title
Gilgameshuk
Contributor

aye, have a look at the new video i uploaded

I am very new to Sony Vegas (but as you can see by latest intro, I'm making progress)

and self-taught, however we all can make mistakes buddy:)

Sony Vegas in many ways is a strange tool, also it doesnt help that my main graphics card blew

and as such im using an old FX 3400 quadrio with 256 MEG of RAM onboard Slightly_frowning_Face So a 2min video 

takes an hour to render at 1080p.

Just trying to create a channel that gives Sony a fair shot at the bat, but is honest enough to point out where they have gone wrong:)

Will have to meet up sometime fella, I know you are from Skipton and im on edge of Leeds.